+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New sidemount/bob ccr in action

RBW Member Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo's Avatar
    HH ccr

New sidemount/bob ccr in action

Here it is:
    First part of this video is topside presentation of the breatcher and then few underwater shots in the Utopia cave with the unit dived by Toddy.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Re: New sidemount/bob ccr in action

Very impressive, looks like an excellent design

Will there be a video breakdown?
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 27th September 2011 at 10:29.

RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Meg

Hi

Nice unit.

Is your lung on top of the scrubber? How is WOB (hydro-static difference) in a heads up and heads down position?

Rgds Dries

RBW Member Dougyfresh is on a distinguished road Dougyfresh is on a distinguished road Dougyfresh's Avatar
    KISS Classic

It looks like the lung is in the bottom of the can.

RBW Member Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo is a name known to all Slawek Packo's Avatar
    HH ccr

Quote Originally Posted by Dive Africa  View Original Post
    Is your lung on top of the scrubber? How is WOB (hydro-static difference) in a heads up and heads down position?
    Hi,
    I will pass that question to Toddy who is diving the unit.

Cave Addict CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh is on a distinguished road CCR Josh's Avatar
    HammerHead

Sentinel-Inspo-Optima-Prism 2

Thanks for sharing! I think we would all be interested in a more detailed walk through of the unit.

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Nice BOB, nice video.
    Best Ossi Italy

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

RBW Member Toddycave is an unknown quantity at this point Toddycave's Avatar
    Megalodon / SF2 Sidemount CCR

Buddy Inspiration Classic

The main construction is based as a PSCR style reb. So the lungs are below. The WOB is quit similar like a PSCR but in my experience less than a pscr unit. I was diving the unit in any position (as you can see in the video) and i can do any movements without problem. I done some restriction diving and it works fine. But if you search a WOB like a front lung comfort, thats not the unit. The best position is horizontal as like in the video. It fits perfect for a side-mount rig and thats the main idea about it. Small, light and flexible. I done something around 100h on the unit for now, and i will test the unit next month with some great modification like man o2 ad and better connector for ox on top of the head and some more features.

As well we test the new DSV and it works fine, there will be as well new modification on it, so better comfort in the mouth and better movements you can do with it. The hoses below the arm as you can see works excellent and safe you for damage. My test dives are all done in caves and believe me, it need to be there otherwise you get stuck many times (i dont talk about big caves). It works fine with a DPV without any problems, and the DSV has the best view i ever had in diving, you see just the mask nothing else. This unit needs many test dives more to get to the final, but we are on it and sooner or later the Reb divers will hear from it

For Curt: If there will be a breakdown video...i guess not so far, but for sure sooner or later it will happen.

Ciao di Sardegna

Toddy

Protec Sardinia - Europas Höhlentauchzentrum
    Last edited by Toddycave; 27th September 2011 at 21:31.

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Toddycave  View Original Post
    The main construction is based as a PSCR style reb. So the lungs are below. The WOB is quit similar like a PSCR but in my experience less than a pscr unit. I was diving the unit in any position (as you can see in the video) and i can do any movements without problem. I done some restriction diving and it works fine. But if you search a WOB like a front lung comfort, thats not the unit. The best position is horizontal as like in the video. It fits perfect for a side-mount rig and thats the main idea about it. Small, light and flexible. I done something around 100h on the unit for now, and i will test the unit next month with some great modification like man o2 ad and better connector for ox on top of the head and some more features.

As well we test the new DSV and it works fine, there will be as well new modification on it, so better comfort in the mouth and better movements you can do with it. The hoses below the arm as you can see works excellent and safe you for damage. My test dives are all done in caves and believe me, it need to be there otherwise you get stuck many times (i dont talk about big caves). It works fine with a DPV without any problems, and the DSV has the best view i ever had in diving, you see just the mask nothing else. This unit needs many test dives more to get to the final, but we are on it and sooner or later the Reb divers will hear from it

For Curt: If there will be a breakdown video...i guess not so far, but for sure sooner or later it will happen.

Ciao di Sardegna

Toddy

Protec Sardinia - Europas Höhlentauchzentrum
    Hi Toddy, nice streamline configuration. I find it a good Idea to fix the Rebreather with two boltsnaps on the lower part to have it always on the same place. So it easy to find the best position for a good WOB. I did some test on a PSCR Sidemount in a pool times ago and fixed it with only one boltsnap and the WOB changed as the rebreater went up and down wile swiming.
    PS: Maybe You remember, I did my fullcave in Tulum-Mexico with Big Ben and did some dives with You too many Years ago. Was great diving there. I'm often in Sardinia for Wreckdiving in Villasimius, I think also next Year. Maybe I will drive up to Cala Ganone sometime to make I dive together, would be great.
    Grüße Ossi