Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: rEvo or JJ?

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Re: rEvo or JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    Yes, Pompano beach. Where the boats never get on plane, but just "put put" from the inlet to the dive sites which are so close to shore you can see people riding their Harleys on US1 and their wives in their apartments.... Where the water seems to be flat calm every time I go and the wrecks are fantastic.
    That sounds like an awesome place to live!

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    I am single and enjoyed my freedom. Now, with my rEvo micro.. it's the only way that I find happiness in it.
    All of these rebreather divers on here and you haven't found a man?

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Some of us are fortunate enough to live only a few minutes from some damn good wreck diving. It is so easy and so close that I can do a deep deco dive after work and still be home before it gets dark.
    If only we get to have this kind of convenient sites here in Singapore, we'll be doing the same thing as you guys. Out diving on a Sunday morning, back by mid-day. Don't have to travel the whole night on a LAB just to dive some wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    Where the water seems to be flat calm every time I go and the wrecks are fantastic.
    You must be very lucky, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    All of these rebreather divers on here and you haven't found a man?
    Unfortunately not yet... need a longer binoculars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Unfortunately not yet... need a longer binoculars.
    I'm a mere Discovery diver so I'm probably not worthy!

RBW Member Garethingham is an unknown quantity at this point Garethingham's Avatar

Jason,

Coming from a similar diving background as you both still represent a compromise in my view, albeit being very capable units. Nothing out there really addresses the mindset we have come from. If it was me i would love to see JJ or REVO come out with the following:

1. Dual Scrubber (Does not address retained CO2 but does address channeling concerns, as do extendair cartridges - Extendair limitations are around $$ and ability to access in remote sites)

2. Ability to carry dual onboard cylinders from 1-18 litres (Gives you the ability to use tanks that are available and reduces travel weight as you do not need to take tanks).

3. BOV - 02, CO2, flooding issues.

4. Gas addition driven by manual adds on the front of the body- scootering and cave diving holding reels, spools etc.

5. 02 cells contained in a POD between the inhale lung and inhale loop hose - ability to remove this system for travel and cleaning.

6. ADV and Dil addition connected into the POD above, cell validation without the need to do full DIL flush, also dries sensor faces for longer dives. Reduces the number of cells needed as you can validate at any point on the dive.

7. 02 addition on exhale POD, driven by full manual, needle, sonic or solenoid as desired by the user.

8. BMCL - needs to meet CE or higher WOB - with C02 being such a serious issue in rebreather having a high WOB is not acceptable. Manufacturers have shown it can be done (rEVO, MK 15+, Orobourous, Sentinel).

9. Ability to mount any BC/Backplate/Wing - Standard 11inch holes. (Manufacturers need to add a BC for CE but it seems most get replaced with user preference)

10. Light weight - travel restrictions are driving this. No point taking a CCR to save on helium costs only to get hosed by the airlines because you are 25KG in the hole because of the RB.

11. QC4/QC6 or equivalent connections on all breathable gas supplies gives you the ability plug gas in as needed and gives the diver options.

12. Shearwater or equivalent electronic monitoring and HUD - They are experts in this area, why re-invent the wheel.

13. Radial as standard - If they give you longer per KG and reduce WOB why even offer an axial???

14. Additional Ports or Upgrade Path for C02 monitor as they become more mainstream. It seems the US Navy and in turn the sentinel has lead the way here.

15. Fielder serviceable - Living in Australia i dont want to spend $500 bucks every 200hrs to send my unit back to UK/US/EU for servicing.

The Pathfinder looks like it could be a great little unit, it wont meet your requirements for 130m though. The rEVO and JJ will both do the diving your looking at but you will be changing a lot from what you are used to in accommodating them. Like you i see CCR being the future, struggling to understand how they fit into the diving i want to do/can do without compromising the team approach, bailout scenario's and ease of setup, travel and maintenance we are used to.

Cheers.

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

So what was the verdict JJ or not the JJ that is J question?

Serious Swagelok Addict jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Satori PSCR

Hi Matt,

After seeing the rEvo pulled down, it is out of the running. I am yet to see a JJ in the flesh, but it is the clear winner between the two. In a couple of weeks, I'll travel up to Sydney and have a close look at the JJ.

I'd like to see a CO2 monitor added to the JJ and then it would be almost the perfect CCR in my opinion.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10