+ Reply to Thread

Thread: User manual for DC55 and or RB80

New Member couvrair is an unknown quantity at this point couvrair's Avatar

User manual for DC55 and or RB80

Hi,
    as I am building my own clone of an RB 80 (which is the successor of the DC 55 from Aqualung) , I am wondering if anyone could send me an operation and maintenance manual of a RB80 and/or a DC55?
    Other questions : how much should the diameter be of the hoses for the mouthpiece (I am thinking of 35 mm) and how thick should the radial scrubber be(I intend to use a radial instead of an axial one)?
    Thanks,
    Kris

New Member BullHead is an unknown quantity at this point BullHead's Avatar
    I dont have any manuals for DC-55 or RB80.
    But you will find some interesting DC-55 reading on Åke Larssons page.
    http://www.teknosofen.com/dc55_tech.htm

Cheers

Monty Guest montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg is a splendid one to behold montyg's Avatar
    APOCALYPSE #032

Ray, Dolphin, PVR-BASC, IDA-71

May I ask what bellows you intend to use / where you intend to get it from ?

RBW Writer londonsean69 is an unknown quantity at this point londonsean69's Avatar
    I own and dive an RB80 type RB, it is the EDO-04 by STDE. PM me your e-mail and I will send you a copy of my user manual.

How do you intend to do the radial scrubber?? The idea intrigues me but I can't figure out in my head a way to do it. The very centre of the scrubber section is the exhalation tube that runs into the inner (exhaust) counterlung, and the gas is then drawn up through the scrubber bed into the inhalation breathing hose.

You do not want to make it too complicated, remember the RB80 has a scrubber life of 10-12 hours with a bog standard axial scrubber and you can get 8 out of mine. Is there a reason for the aradial scrubber?? If it is WOB then I wouldn't bother, position of the counterlungs is more important.

I used the KISS hoses on mine, but can't remember the dims. My RB is living at my local dive shop at the moment (too lazy to bring it home) but when I get it home I could help you out with a 'few' dimensions.

What I won't do however is give you enough to make a copy, Michael and Arno are good guys and I won't do that to them.

Oh, and by the way, you might want to go and introduce yourself to the forums before jumping straight in with the questions, just a bit of friendly advice :)

Hello Sean,
    my mail is couvrair@yahoo.com (www.geocities.com/couvrair)
    Mail me and I will send you a sketch of the rebreather I want to build.
    How is WOB on your rebreather : a hard job or OK?
    I intend to make a rebreather where the counterlung is above the scrubber instead of underneath, comparable to the DC55 or the Joker V (made by french cavediver Frederic Badier)
    I am a belgian mechanical engineer and an Advanced Trimix diver
    Greetings,
    Kris

Some companies in Belgium and in Holland sell them : http://vouwbalg.be (Bergmann)
    www.loven-sp.com (Loven)
    www.technigro.com
    www.eriks.be
    www.r-k.nl/schijvenbalgen
    www.simrit.fr
    You should use neoprene or Viton (the latter is more expensive but better chemical resistant) bellows.
    Greetings,
    Kris

+ Reply to Thread