Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Suze Orman: "Can I afford it?" (a rebreather story)

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Suze Orman: "Can I afford it?" (a rebreather story)

Hey Folks,

I have been on the forum for a bit but still don't have a rebreather. I took advanced nitrox/deco procedures and became obsessed/addicted to deep diving. Heck I enjoy being under water for long periods of time. I found myself wanted a rebreather and feel that it might make more sense to start my training then advance to trimix through the rebreather instead of doing trimix open circuit and then eventually repeating it with the rebreather.

Anyway, finances have been part of the equation as I have a wife and two kids,... (mostly the wife). So I talked to her about setting up a fund and throwing money into it automatically to get towards my goal. Well, I was watching a show on CNBC with Suze Orman her name is and she discussed about whether you can afford it.

I thought it would be funny for you guys to hear how it goes... I think it will be on thursday taping and I will post when it is.

This should be interesting..

RBW Member ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Re: Suze Orman: "Can I afford it?" (a rebreather story)

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    Hey Folks,

I have been on the forum for a bit but still don't have a rebreather. I took advanced nitrox/deco procedures and became obsessed/addicted to deep diving. Heck I enjoy being under water for long periods of time. I found myself wanted a rebreather and feel that it might make more sense to start my training then advance to trimix through the rebreather instead of doing trimix open circuit and then eventually repeating it with the rebreather.

Anyway, finances have been part of the equation as I have a wife and two kids,... (mostly the wife). So I talked to her about setting up a fund and throwing money into it automatically to get towards my goal. Well, I was watching a show on CNBC with Suze Orman her name is and she discussed about whether you can afford it.

I thought it would be funny for you guys to hear how it goes... I think it will be on thursday taping and I will post when it is.

I did an IANTD trimix course on OC that can be used on an RB as long as you do your mod1 with IANTD (i think that is correct)

Ash

Chris Ferrar hyrax is an unknown quantity at this point hyrax's Avatar
    Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    Hey Folks,

As your broke, open curcuit dive buddy, I say you can't afford it. It least not until I can which will be when

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

Tony Land did a great post on the savings on fills paying for the rebreather. You can not afford not to go over to the rebreather.

TJ

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

I sure hope Curt knows what a great wife he has! I've never EVER have given him grief about buying a rebreather.......as long as he doesn't give me grief about matching dollar for dollar on "stuff" either.

Of course he may disagree with this. LOL

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Excel worksheet of my families finances created. Will be sent today. Don't know when this would air but I will be sure to post when I know. I think Thursday!
    Linda, you sound like a great wife to have, my wife is amazing too we just differ on the need/want of a rebreather. She did buy me a 12 hundred dollar "flashlight." (hid) hehe
    And my dive watch that makes me late and "apparently doesnt tell time."

Gotta love her.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Bowen  View Original Post
    I sure hope Curt knows what a great wife he has! I've never EVER have given him grief about buying a rebreather.......as long as he doesn't give me grief about matching dollar for dollar on "stuff" either.

Of course he may disagree with this. LOL
    Same deal I have with my wife. It means I have to double the price of any scuba gear to tell what its really going to cost. That's why I sneak the large purchases through my business account. Have you checked through Curt's secret accounts lately...

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Same deal I have with my wife. It means I have to double the price of any scuba gear to tell what its really going to cost. That's why I sneak the large purchases through my business account. Have you checked through Curt's secret accounts lately...
    LOL - Now Ken, being a Jersey girl, who do you think the money bag is in this household......we JUST had an incident involving the sneak purchase of a new camera for his trip. Something about really needing a "double" backup camera something something.....I fly to NYC for the weekend and I've "spit-shined" all the cards for quick sliding when I shop.

(oh yeah, it's a girl's trip so the pressure to out "buy one" another will be on high alert) LOL

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Suze Orman??? Have you not heard the saying "Its better to ask for forgiveness then permission." If that does not seem to work out for you then you can always turn to Jerry Springer instead of Suze Orman. You will skip the spreadsheets and have the CCR in hand sooner.

John

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Quote Originally Posted by ashsg  View Original Post
    I did an IANTD trimix course on OC that can be used on an Rebreather as long as you do your mod1 with IANTD (i think that is correct)

Ash
    Are you saying that if you are IANTD OC Trimix certified and did your CC MOD 1 with IANTD you are CC Trimix certified too?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast