+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADV flow stop

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

ADV flow stop

I am in the process to connect a flow stop to my ADV, have you cut down the hose the length of shut off valve ?

Regards

Pierre

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jptaylor9
    Mine was fitted at the factory & the hose wasn't cut down. This meant it was a bit too long & kinked up a bit. I re-routed the ADV hose (suggested by Padowan). Now runs thru the slot at the back of the box, on top of the corregated hose, just enough space to allow lid to be fitted. rather than thru the slot towards the fron of the box. I'll try & attach a pic...

JT
    That would be great thanks

Pierre

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar
    Yes, as mentioned I do it like shown above, but it's not hard to shorten the length of the hose if you choose to, as it comes with the re-usable ends, so you just unscrew the 2 parts, chop off a couple of centimetres of hose and reassemble.

Yesterday I did a dive with my flow stop installed! Did checks, everything ok, breathed unit ok, so I jumped in, while going down, I tried to inhale, , ohh quick hand up to find flow stop and open it as it was closed...not a nice feeling, good thing is always to practise to find thing/buttons !

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia
    Yesterday I did a dive with my flow stop installed! Did checks, everything ok, breathed unit ok, so I jumped in, while going down, I tried to inhale, , ohh quick hand up to find flow stop and open it as it was closed...not a nice feeling, good thing is always to practise to find thing/buttons !

Pierre,

My unit never had an ADV on it and still does not. The first time I went through about 15 fsw or so, head down and feeling cocky, tried to take a breath and went: "Oooooooh!" (sound of sucking on a straw with a bend in the middle), then had a flash of realization and hit the button, that particular light came on and stayed on (for me, at least)!!!

Rob Davie

+ Reply to Thread