+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TRUK LAGOON Lust4Rust.co July 2011 Trip report

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

TRUK LAGOON Lust4Rust.co July 2011 Trip report

Finally got a few moments to put something up for our July 2011 Truk "Lust 4 Rust" Diving Excursions. Pick above was of the San Francisco Maru where there are three tanks sitting on the main deck

July's Truk trip was made up of a host of divers from UK, Canada, NZ, Ozzi and of course - the token Zimbo!!

Kevin Brown, John Hynes, Trev Muddle, Bruce and Lynn Partridge, Prof Simon Mitchell, David Webster, Tony Howell, Nick Clarke, Mischa Temple, and Chris McCafferty and Simon McNally who came with me to Bikini after this trip so they came to sneak a few dives in Truk before the event!!!!

We had another great bunch of divers. All breather divers with John Hynes being the only open circuit diver. Poor sole!! Might not be for long though!! After his gas bill he is now seriously looking at a breather! Johno still kept up with the boys though!!

It was great to see Bruce and Lynn Partridge from Shearwater Research join us. Those two have to be some of the hardest working manufacturers on the market!! They were Beta testing some new mods on their Computers (so keep an eye out on their site)

I had a lot of fun messing around with offboard strobes so that kept me out of mischief!! This was trip #7 for me so am slowly getting to know the wrecks (inside and out!) Above is a shot of some of the truks in the wreck of the Hoki Maru. Here I placed the strobe inside the cab. Got some interesting results!
    Also brought my brand new scooter with me, at great expense....( of which flooded completely after a few dives.. annnnywhoooo). I had a good look for the bow section of the Aikoku Maru. I have been wanting to find this for some time now. People I have spoken to claim that it was vaporized, but I find it hard to believe 73 meters of ship can't simply disappear. Started my search and came across large debris fields. Then towards the end of the dive I located an anchor chain and anchor splayed out on the ocean floor. Didnt get any definitive answers but will look forward to having more of a poke around next time. Might be lucky enough to come across the wreckage of the plane that actually dropped the bomb onto the Aikoku, maybe on my next trip there in Nov this year.

Simon Mitchell joined us again as trips Physician. It just makes such a difference having that medical support available. Above, Simon is being the perfect buddy and is posing here for me beside the massive prop of the Fujisan Maru

Full report is on this link Just click on the 2011 Trip report.

Safe Diving

Kind regards

Pete Mes

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: TRUK LAGOON Lust4Rust.co July 2011 Trip report

Pete,

Great shots... That last one is a cover shot for sure....

Richie

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Pete,

Great shots... That last one is a cover shot for sure....

Richie
    Thanks Richie, Appreciate your kind words about my pictures.

Kind regards

Pete

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Nice one Pete. Not sure when I will get a chance to get there but its not going to be any time soon. Fir now I'll just keep rerading the trip reports and looking at the fantastic pics.

Inspo Vision

Thanks Greg.

Pete

RBW Member Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point Campbell's Avatar
    AP Evolution

AP Inspiration Classic

Gutted!!!

I was booked on this trip and broke my collar bone 2 weeks before I was due to leave.

As I said earlier - gutted!!

Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell  View Original Post
    Gutted!!!

I was booked on this trip and broke my collar bone 2 weeks before I was due to leave.

As I said earlier - gutted!!

Johno - We will get you there mate (even if I have to come over to Blightie and get you myself!!)

Lets work on 2013!!!!

Pete

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

Great pictures Pete. We'll be there with you in two months!!!!!

Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer  View Original Post
    Great pictures Pete. We'll be there with you in two months!!!!!
    It's going to be good fun Jeff. Not long now!

Counting down the days

Pete

+ Reply to Thread