+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remembering 10 Years Ago....

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Remembering 10 Years Ago....

During a quiet moment today I was thinking back to where I was 10 years ago and a firsthand account from Will Smithers… Not sure if I am breaking a rule by posting a link to the old NW Designs archive or not but… so be it…
    http://www.tmishop.com/AAANWRB/complete%20archive/20682.html
    http://www.tmishop.com/AAANWRB/complete%20archive/23529.html
    RIP to all that were lost that day and since then defending our freedom…
    Mark

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Re: Remembering 10 Years Ago....

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    During a quiet moment today I was thinking back to where I was 10 years ago and a firsthand account from Will Smithers… Not sure if I am breaking a rule by posting a link to the old NW Designs archive or not but… so be it…
    http://www.tmishop.com/AAANWRB/complete%20archive/20682.html
    http://www.tmishop.com/AAANWRB/complete%20archive/23529.html
    RIP to all that were lost that day and since then defending our freedom…
    Mark
    Wow. What a good, but sobering read.

I do remember every minute of that day even though I was thousands of miles away.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

I was just pulling into the airport in SLC while listening to the radio and heard about the attack. I turned my car around and drove home absolutely horrified to watch the unbelievable drama unfold. I hope we will never forget the heroes of that day or the unbelievable tragedies that so many people suffered!

RBW Member RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17's Avatar

I was working across the River, I went to help and end up staying for almost an year. I will never forget what I saw that day...

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Thank you Mark for the links, as with everyone else that day is etched in my memory and sends shivers of emotions whenever I am reminded of it.
    Gabe

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

It's hard to put it into words, but as a firefighter we will never forget our 343 fallen Brothers from FDNY. Many were very good friends of mine.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

I was at the Sarasota Florida airport with an extra fire engine covering air force one. The president was at Booker high school for a morning speech to the students.

I was standing beside the 2nd presidential limo watching the plane when one of the guys in the airport fire station walked out and said something just hit the first trade tower.

Within minutes after the second tower was hit, the president was back on the plane and it took off with twin fighter jets on it's tail.

I got this series of photos as it took off down the run way.

Sept 11th, 2001 • Airforce One • Curt Bowen Photography

see above link to view enlarge image
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 11th September 2011 at 17:38.