+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best BOV

RBW Member charlespoelwijk is an unknown quantity at this point charlespoelwijk's Avatar
    RON

JJ-CCR

Best BOV

Hello, who can tell me what are the best bovs available today. Now i have á Kirk on the RON unit. Happy with it but perhaps there is something better?

RBW Member AzTek Diver is an unknown quantity at this point AzTek Diver's Avatar

Re: Best BOV

Golem Shrimp, it's the best of the ones I've tried. Small size, breaths great on OC & RB.

IANTD HH CCR & PSCR Inst mt.podgorczyk is an unknown quantity at this point mt.podgorczyk's Avatar
    HammerHead eCCR

3P PSCR

Quote Originally Posted by AzTek Diver  View Original Post
    Golem Shrimp, it's the best of the ones I've tried. Small size, breaths great on OC & Rebreather.
    Can't agree more. I dive it for over a year works perfect. The only drawback is that you can't change the side where you connect LP hose - in older bigger version you could do that - but it's a detail.

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by mt.podgorczyk  View Original Post
    Can't agree more. I dive it for over a year works perfect. The only drawback is that you can't change the side where you connect LP hose - in older bigger version you could do that - but it's a detail.
    Yeah but you can order it left side or right side off the bat so at least it's an option! I think most people are always going to keep it on whatever side their dil is on for the most part.

I love my shrimp. Makes all the difference in the world and it's actually easier to close and more comfortable than the stock DSV on the PRISM I dive.

Another vote for the Shrimp. I swapped out the old BOV I had a couple of months ago and have about 16 hrs on the Shrimp now at depths up to 70m.

Very nice to breath OC and CC. But the size and ease of use are the big differences between it and the competition.

The hose connector locks are a very nice feature that removes the tendency that my old BOV had of unlocking if I mucked around with the angle of the BOV whilst diving. Still easy to undo and dump the hose goo whilst topside but no chances of accidental release.

Superbly finished product as well.

RBW Member caveline is an unknown quantity at this point caveline's Avatar
    pSCR

LARV

Keep the Kirch-BOV!
    It's one of the best BOV's i've seen and dived yet.

Produced and developed in Switzerland

I have changed to a Kirch-BOV and would never give it away any more.

Cheers
    caveline

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by AzTek Diver  View Original Post
    Golem Shrimp, it's the best of the ones I've tried. Small size, breaths great on OC & Rebreather.
    I would have to agree, I love my shrimp on my KISS Explorer

RBW Member mixgas is on a distinguished road mixgas is on a distinguished road mixgas's Avatar
    Tourill MK 1.5, Hammerhead Exr

Kirch-BOV
    Used it for 5 years, never fails and dives great

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Quote Originally Posted by tmccar1  View Original Post
    Yeah but you can order it left side or right side off the bat so at least it's an option! I think most people are always going to keep it on whatever side their dil is on for the most part.

I love my shrimp. Makes all the difference in the world and it's actually easier to close and more comfortable than the stock DSV on the PRISM I dive.
    Did you notice any change in the WOB on the PRISM? Did you use the brass fittings from the original DSV or was it necessary to substitute with other weight?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mixgas  View Original Post
    Kirch-BOV
    Used it for 5 years, never fails and dives great
    Where can I find the Kirch-BOV ?