+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Extravanganza

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

2012 Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Extravanganza

It's looking very promising that we will be running the trip next year after unfortunately having to cancel the 2011 trip.

The trip will run along the same proven format used over the past 3 trips and is planned for early May 2012. We will have boosted O2, sorb and trimix available......

Join the boat in Koh Tao or Koh Samui for 6 days diving in the Gulf of Thailand. We will visit some of our favorites, Tottori Maru and USS Lagarto and then spend some time searching for new virgin wrecks. There is nothing quite like the thrill of being the first divers to visit a wreck which has laid lost for nearly 70 years.

If you think you're up to the challenge and are capable of diving to 75m then this is one opportunity you shouldn't miss out on.

At this point I want to see how much interest there is for the trip then if there are enough interested divers I will work out the finer details and get the ball rolling.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member johanvanlyl is an unknown quantity at this point johanvanlyl's Avatar
    Mini Meg 2.7

Inspiration Vision

Re: 2012 Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Extravanganza

Hello lancer,

keep me posted !

Johan

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar

Hi Johan.......Will do.

I have a correction to make too......The trip will be later in May not early May as I stated. More news as we work through the finer details..........

Regards,

Lance

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

Hey Lance,

Keep me posted on any devenlopment regards the trip for 2012.
    Cheers,
    Michael Netto - www.megalodonbrasil.com.br
    ISC Megalodon CCR Dealer and IT
    Sentinel and Cislunar MK6 CCR Instructor
    IANTD and TDI CCR Trimix and CCR Cave Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNetto  View Original Post
    Hey Lance,

Keep me posted on any devenlopment regards the trip for 2012.
    Cheers,
    Hi Mike,

It'd be great to have you along. I am planning to be at DEMA this year and will do a bit of promotion for the trip whilst there if anyone is interested. Will you be there this year??

Regards,

Lance

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

Hi Lance

I am interested in going provided I can get a pass any details yet on cost

Louis

Great news is that the trip for 2012 is all systems GO and I am taking bookings!!!

For anyone able to arrive earlier I have 2 trips which will be run back to back.

The first trip will be departing Phuket for the 18 day trip to bring the MV Giamani around to Koh Tao. We will be diving along the way and stopping off at some really interesting wrecks including Kuma, Seven Skies, HMS Repulse, POW, Shigure, Taiyru Maru, and the Tottori Maru.

We have a few days free to look around and see what Thailand has to offer whilst we prepare the boat for the next trip.

The second trip will be the Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Trip where we will depart Koh Tao and steam to Koh Samui to collect more passengers. Koh Samui has an international airport and is really convenient!! From there we will steam down into the Gulf and dive the USS Lagarto, Taiyru Maru, Tottori Maru, Canvas Wreck and will spend some time searching our previously undived marks hopefully locating and diving the Akita Maru and others, returning to Koh Samui and Koh Tao.

Trip 1
    Departs Phuket May 01
    18 days with 10-12 dives Depth to 80m
    Arriving Koh Tao May 18
    Sorb, boosted O2 and Tx available
    Spacious dual share cabins and meals included. Drinks extra
    Cost $2650.00Au
    Limited places (only 4 available)

Trip 2
    Departs Koh Samui May 21
    6 days with 10-12 dives Depth to 80m
    Arriving Koh Samui May 26
    Sorb, boosted O2 and Tx available
    Spacious dual share cabins and meals included. Drinks extra
    Cost $2650.00Au
    Limited places (only 8 available)

If you're into deep wreck diving then these trips are not to be missed. Unfortunately we missed out this year but we're making up for it next year by running these 2 trips back to back.

If anyone wants to do both trips and wants me to arrange accommodation and activities for the days between trips let me know and I'll look into putting together a package.

The few places available will fill quickly so PM or email me to put your name on the list and I will shoot you additional information.

Regards,

Lance

giamani.jpg

IMG_2372s.jpg

IMG_2391s.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

IMG_0268RepCr.jpg

Temp Read Only Mode blademaster is an unknown quantity at this point blademaster's Avatar
    Dolphin

cool....

I have had a cancellation due to his work commitments and are down to 2 places remaining for this trip of a lifetime.

This trip we are confident the marks we have will lead us to locating the Akita Maru which has eluded us for the past few years.

The Akita Maru is a 3871 ton Japanese freighter sunk by the Dutch submarine the 0-19 on January 10 1942 after she fired a spread of 3 torpedoes at the doomed freighter. The 0-19 had a tenacious crew and arrived in the South China Sea in early December 1941 and patrolled the area sinking an amazing number of enemy ships right up to her demise after she accidentally grounded on Ladd Reef early in the morning of July 8 1945 where she was stuck fast and later scuttled by the US submarine the USS Cod after attempts to refloat her failed.

The remains of the 0-19 is still visible sitting atop to reef today.

It's an amazing piece of history and we hope to fill in this piece of the story next year.

So if you feel like doing something exciting and unearthing a piece of history then you should put your name down before it's too late.

Regards,

Lance

We have 1 place available if anyone wants to go on the dive expedition of a lifetime......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast