+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 300 Bar 7's on your Unit - Good Idea or Not ??

RBW Member marc_d is an unknown quantity at this point marc_d's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by osiris  View Original Post
    Perfect for a noddy dive to 30M though Then for the big boys dives he could change to twin 18's.....
    I'd like to see that twin 18's bolted to a rebreather.

Marc D

RBW Member marc_d is an unknown quantity at this point marc_d's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Seen some pictures today of Ali Box with 5's and 7's. 5's look smart. Having read your knowledge on here seems best practice is to have separate bail out and not try and combined the two. Maybe KISS.

Marc D

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Re: 300 Bar 7's on your Unit - Good Idea or Not ??

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    lol i hear 4 9L cylinders are all the go ,, 18s are old news ,
    bugger. one step behind again...

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Re: 300 Bar 7's on your Unit - Good Idea or Not ??

Quote Originally Posted by marc_d  View Original Post
    Hi,
    Can you please point out any other issues.

Thank you.

Marc D
    marc@croydonbsac.com
    Hi

Ran a somewhat similar setup some years ago: KISSeri

Although mine was with a manifolded 2x6x300 diluent and a 2.5x200 of oxygen.

Some points, the rig got really heavy (I read thats not an issue for you).

More importantly I found it hard to reach the valves. At least on the C-KISS some distance is added by the rebreather so think carefully and do some testing for any valves up arrangement. Its probably better so have the valves pointing forward at an angle rather than to the sides.

Also I would not like to dive with dil/BO/BCD/suit supplied from the same cylinder, unless it was a very simple dive.

Another thing, running same size dil/BO as O2 does not match very well, unless you count on having a rather poor O2 fill pressure (also a positive)

/Anders

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2