+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebreathers Simplified, The Book

RBW Member SilverSurfer is an unknown quantity at this point SilverSurfer's Avatar

Rebreathers Simplified, The Book

I just read Dr. Clark's book. The book was straight-forward and concise. It details rebreather operation, pre-dive, post-dive, maintenance, etc in great detail, but with a laymen in mind. Don't misunderstand me. It's not dumbed down, just well written. She also includes several check lists for quite a few models in the appendices. Sweet book!!!

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Re: Rebreathers Simplified, The Book

Agreed. Mel did an outstanding job with that book as well as with her other two -- CCR Trimix Simplified and CCR Cave Diving "Almost Simplified".

Personally, I think Rebreathers Simplified should be read by anyone taking their introductory CCR course.

Just my 2 cents.

Doug

P.S. Mel -- you can owe me! :)

Wannabe...diven sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit's Avatar
    the best oNe

I'm with Doug, Simplied should be read by every new CCR diver...preferably before they choose a unit mostly because they can see the build checklists etc for so many units. Hard to get that insite from manufacture's sites.

The other books are also great and there are some photos of a really awesome diver in the Cave diving book

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

It's a great book and now a required student manual for the TDI rEvo course...together with
    the latest rEvo PP slides from Mel. An awesome combo learning tool!

Thanks to Mel and Curt!

Cheers,
    Davy

Closed Account train_wreck is on a distinguished road train_wreck is on a distinguished road train_wreck's Avatar

I agree, that is a great book and well written. I also liked Mastering Rebreathers by Jeff Bozanic. I don't think it was as well written but it provides another for another reliable resource.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Can't wait to get mine, I orderd the two books a week ago , I think they will arrive buy the end of this week, beginning next week.

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by train_wreck  View Original Post
    I agree, that is a great book and well written. I also liked Mastering Rebreathers by Jeff Bozanic. I don't think it was as well written but it provides another for another reliable resource.
    Yes, it's a great book for background info and dive theory. Mel's books are more practical.

+ Reply to Thread