+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sanosub AROC96

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

Sanosub AROC96

Does anyone have experience with the Sanosub AROC96?
    Is it a fun toy (what else should you call a pure O2 rebreather) ?
    Or waste of money / potential killing machine if you are not with the special forces?

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Re: Sanosub AROC96

Hi, the build quality of the San o Sub clone is not very good, even though it is cheap (around 1000-1300 and you would have to wait long time!) I would rather get a real OMG unit but the C96 from OMG is expensive (around 2500) and not very easy to get.

The c96 has a rather small scrubber which sure will work but may can be overbreathed! But I don´t see a killing machine in this unit, fun unit to do shallow dives!

I would advise you to not buy a San o Sub unit, you won´t be happy with the build quality!

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

Having dived the San-O-Sub version, I agree with Mag's statements. The unit is quite cheap and this is reflected in the quality of materials. After two dives, the scrubber center section rusted (!) and had to be replaced. Also the DSV and hoses are quite cheaply made.

It works, is quite safe to dive but the quality is poor and I do not think would last heavy use. Still, if you are looking for an easy unit for a bit of fun in the shallows - this could be it. But don't expect much

/GKAM

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Yes, thats what all guy´s said that ever had one of these!

I have only the OMG military versions and these are very very nice! So if someone is in need of a unit... little bit more expensive but big scrubber and high quality!

RBW Member Fish100 is an unknown quantity at this point Fish100's Avatar
    Hollis

NONE

Exclamation Re: SAN-0-SUB PRODUCTS VALVES MANIFOLDS

SAN-0-SUB

OK. I DON'T WANT TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE.. LOL.. I AM FROM THE STATES, ONLY 1
    CALIFORNIA. YEAH, NEED SOME HELP?? ALL DIVERS DO..

AT THIS TIME I CAN NOT FIND A DEALER FOR SAN-O-SUB MANIFOLDS OR VALVES IN THE STATES? CAN YOU PLEASE HELP! I CAN LOOK AT THE WEB SITE, BUT THAT IS IT. WHEN
    I CALL THE LADY HANGS UP THE PHONE!!!! I SPEAK ENGLISH ONLY! NOT ITALIAN!! THE OTHER PART OF THIS IS I HAVE TO GET UP AT 1:00 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING TO SPEAK WITH THEM BECAUSE OF MY TIME ZONE?? wOw (is this a secret diving ?) email me if you can help, all the dive shops here don't have a clue!!!!!! michaelwbrownjr@yahoo.com 415-846-2450 cell us
    CAN ANY ONE HELP OUT THERE PLEASE..
    Last edited by Fish100; 6th May 2015 at 18:11.

RBW Member bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather!

Dolphin, LAR V, OMG C96

why ARE YOU YELLING?!

RBW Member Fish100 is an unknown quantity at this point Fish100's Avatar
    Hollis

NONE

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma  View Original Post
    why ARE YOU YELLING?!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma  View Original Post
    why ARE YOU YELLING?!
    At the end of the post he's wispering. Funny post.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member N Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point N Bailey's Avatar

Fish 100 contact Undersea Ltd based in Verwood Dorset UK they are a dealer within the UK and have a website. They may be able to assist.
    http://www.undersea.uk.com/

+ Reply to Thread