+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vancouver, Canada

RBW Member Dimman is an unknown quantity at this point Dimman's Avatar

Vancouver, Canada

Hey! I just moved to Vancouver and gonna stay here for 6 months. Would be nice to hook up with other rebreather divers - there doesnt seem to be many in the area.

I brought my unit (a Pelagian), bought some sorb and now just need to get it all together - got a car, too. I have been diving ccr for 3 years now, mostly deep wrecks (down to 120m) and caves/mines.

In Vancouver, I would like to do some trips to local divesites as well as the islands further out. Maybe a longer trip or two. No plans of going deep since I dont have sufficient bailout/deco stages and regs with me. Just easy and nice diving where I can see the local life under water!

Anyone who could show me around? :)

Dimman.me

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Re: Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman  View Original Post
    Hey! I just moved to Vancouver and gonna stay here for 6 months. Would be nice to hook up with other rebreather divers - there doesnt seem to be many in the area.

I brought my unit (a Pelagian), bought some sorb and now just need to get it all together - got a car, too. I have been diving ccr for 3 years now, mostly deep wrecks (down to 120m) and caves/mines.

In Vancouver, I would like to do some trips to local divesites as well as the islands further out. Maybe a longer trip or two. No plans of going deep since I dont have sufficient bailout/deco stages and regs with me. Just easy and nice diving where I can see the local life under water!

Anyone who could show me around? :)

Dimman.me

Check out this site zeeinkydarkness.com • Index page we are all locals (mostly Western Canada and the PNW in the states) and there are quite a few RB divers on the board. The Island has quite an active CCR community and we are always looking for new dive buddies to show off our great dive sites to. Let us know when you are going to come to the Island and we will try to get a few good dives in.

Rob

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Welcome to Western Canada, as Rob mention we are more than happy to take out and show you around, there is about 30 CCR divers around Victoria and Nanaimo, for some reason a lot less around Vancouver.

Cheers

Al

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Welcome. In fact there are a few CCR types in Vancouver. In a few hours I will be diving with an Inspo and a Kiss.

Drop me a line. There are loads of tanks regs etc. here and good diving as well. Do however check out the Island guys as they are very welcoming and have a great backyard.

Peter

I Make Stuff! sunkmail has a spectacular aura about sunkmail has a spectacular aura about sunkmail has a spectacular aura about sunkmail has a spectacular aura about sunkmail has a spectacular aura about sunkmail has a spectacular aura about sunkmail's Avatar
    KISS Classic

What Peter said!

(I'm the KISS diver he mentioned)

There is also a trip in the works for Sept 9-12 weekend, if you're interested, to Vancouver Island. email me if you are interested in details.

Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread