+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Diy hud

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Diy hud

Been working on a new project for the last few days.

Its a HUD displaying Smither code from 3 ( or more) O2 sensors

Processor is a Arduino mini.

Has anyone else done something similar?

I seem to have the code for the conversion of PPO to smithers Code via LED's all sorted.
    Im now looking at auto on and auto off functions.
    Perhaps auto dimming of LED's to account for ambient light.
    Calibration mode.

Adding a LCD/OLED display may be an option. As is a Buddy display. I was asked what advantage this would have and struggle to come up with an answer... except it may make me keep a flatter PPO level if I know someone is watching

Anyone else got some options they would like see added?

Happy to share code if interested.

Re: Diy hud

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    Been working on a new project for the last few days.

Its a HUD displaying Smither code from 3 ( or more) O2 sensors

Processor is a Arduino mini.

Has anyone else done something similar?

I seem to have the code for the conversion of PPO to smithers Code via LED's all sorted.
    Im now looking at auto on and auto off functions.
    Perhaps auto dimming of LED's to account for ambient light.
    Calibration mode.

Adding a LCD/OLED display may be an option. As is a Buddy display. I was asked what advantage this would have and struggle to come up with an answer... except it may make me keep a flatter PPO level if I know someone is watching

Anyone else got some options they would like see added?

Happy to share code if interested.
    How much to make me one....

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I doubt I will be making them to sell.... but lets see.

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

HUD machined with LED's sitting in place. VS rEvo dream HUD.

RBW Member Oldefors is on a distinguished road Oldefors is on a distinguished road Oldefors's Avatar
    Apoc O2-OEM with HW PO2

IDA-71, mCCR

I have used the Arduino mini for a prototype but did not complete the hardware. Will you use op-amp or a different reference voltage than the internal?

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

At this stage I think I will be using an op amp at a 20-1 amplification.
    So assuming an O2 sensor @ 13mv in air it will be about 62mv @ PPO 1.00 and 124mv @ 2.00 PPO

124*20=2.48 volt from a possible 3.3volt gives me (2.48/3.3*1024=) 769 ( from a max of 1024) steps to measure PPO to a max of 2.00

The only issue I see here is that it will limit the max mv of an O2 cell in air at about 16mv which I dont see as an issue for the cells I use.

But this brings up another question.
    Assuming I am using standard AI cells for a rEvo what is the maximum and minimum mv the unit will allow for calibration.
    One issue I have with my dream is that it will not allow calibration if the mv is too low. This can happen with a brand new cell with an isolation resistor on it. Given that rEvo promote the use of isolation resistors I think its strange that their product cant use them.

So perhaps low cut off of 7mv?
    And a high cut off of 14mv?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I may be totally lost but for the revodream to calibrate (in O2) the MV must be between 38mv and 63mv. I think I am remembering this correctly.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Progress so far.

Arduino mini pro seems like it was DOA.
    I have since got an UNO board which is bigger and runs at 5volt instead of 3.3v. It will do for now but I hope to switch back to the mini pro or FIO when its all ready to dive.

Hardware side. I have not got any further than machining up the HUD from acrylic.

Electronics side of things.... I have 3 bi (tri) colour LEDs as outputs. Inputs consist of 3 variable resistors acting as O2 cells going into an op amp to multiply the voltage that feeds into the arduino.

Software side. Being my 1st Arduino project its taken me a bit to get my head around the code. So far I have written code (sketch) that reads the voltage from the 3 op amp channels and displays that in "smithers code" via the 3 LED.

Next step. I need to write the calibration subroutine..... auto on and auto off....auto dimming of LEDs via a LDR....

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Calibration code works!!!
    Wahoo!

Still need to decide on max and min acceptable mv from cells for calibration.

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I think I have finally finished the code!!!
    At this stage I have a working unit on my desk that is reading off a cell simulator. Just need to finish the housing now.

The processor is powered 24/7 but goes to sleep when the single button ( hall effect sensor) is pushed or if the average PPO seen on all 3 cells is below 0.40.
    Pushing the button while the unit is asleep will wake it up and it will check the battery voltage and flash red several times if the voltage is low.
    I may later add an auto on feature if PPO is above 0.50 but I am having some trouble with this at the moment plus it will also mean an increase in power usage while asleep.

A longer push on the button and release at the right time will put the unit into calibration mode. If any cell is reading above 70mv or below 35mv the corresponding LED will flash high or low to let you know and the display will no longer show that cells PPO until it has successfully recalibrated.

When running each cell is read as is ambient light levels once every 4 seconds.
    The PPO is displayed in Smithers code ( which takes 4 seconds)
    The brightness if the LEDs has 3 levels. Very dim, medium and full brightness all depending on ambient light levels.
    If any cells PPO is above 1.40 or below 0.7 the LED's brightness is full.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast