+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for input for BOB project

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Looking for input for BOB project

Since I am out of the water for awhile due to surgery, I decided that it was time for me to get my Bailout Rebreather made.

I would like to hear input as to every single aspect that ony of you can think of.

I am striving to have it comparable in size to an AL80.
    It will be manually operated.
    I want both 6cf tanks inside of it.
    Exhale CL only
    2 sensors

I have some preliminary chicken scratch sketchs that i have started.

My next hurdle is to beg, borrow, steal, or buy a small lathe to keep my costs down.

I have plenty of time so i want to have the entire thing designed before i ever start builing. I only want to do this 1 time.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Plastic Pom........ Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

Inspo

Re: Looking for input for BOB project

No input of real value but the one thing I have noticed is that all CCR's flood over time due to only being ~1 bar over ambient and taking one down without active management will result in a flood. Better to plan that it will be flooded and to ensure that it copes with the recovery process aka a dry chamber / high mounted cells and a good way of keeping that first breath viable.

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: Looking for input for BOB project

Yeh flood prevention is no. 1 issue to overcome

In my experience (and if you think about it) a bob will always see a -ve pressure differential even if you attach a adv to it as I did.

An ADV only fires once a certain differential is achieved and closes when its zero. ergo even with an adv the bob will always be somewhere between zero and -ve and spend most of its life in -ve. I found even this small -ve is enough to let water in over time.

The solution which worked well for me was to incorporate the bob cls into my primary buoyancy. so id be adding air to Cls during decent and it would always be above ambient. With using bob as bouyancy + adv fitted means chances of ever having a -ve in there for long is slim.

as for fitting tanks into bob i think thats pointless given that a bob is needed on big dives and on such dives the kind of gas volumes you can fit into a bob case are meaningless compared to the kind of gas volumes you would have laying around as your primary unit drive gas and you oc bail (which you still need for flushing bob)

+ Reply to Thread