+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cervical surgery and diving questions

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: Cervical surgery and diving questions

Quote Originally Posted by Rickoz  View Original Post
    Hi Don,
    I know you've done many dives since posting the original Question.
    Did you ever get any official answers regarding the nitrogen & Helium question?
    Nope, seems nobody has the answers. I am told that there has never been any testing in this particular area.

Only thing I could find was the general answer - wait until you are fully healed and released by your doctor.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

After hearing lots of horror stories on the internet I was reluctant to have a anterior cervical dissection and fusion. After MRI's determined that was a problem causing me to drag my left foot a bit in October 2012..I was advised to do various exercises to relieve the situation. I kept diving until the first week of December that year.
    Over Xmas and the New year my condition deteriorated to the point that I needed help walking. It was then decided that I had to have the op.

I had the op on 19th February 2013, I was up and walking , albeit not 100% that afternoon. The disc they removed were pressing on my spinal cord and narrowing it also causing some tingling in the arms..but mainly causing walking difficulties. I had a double dissectomy C4/5/6 fused with a titanium cage.
    I had out patient physio for 6 weeks after the operation. Started also walking and increasing distance each day. In May I started swimming and exercising in a pool again. At this point after another examination my surgeon told me to "go live my life" things will improve gradually over the next couple of years or they may not!

In June 2013 I made a 10m dive on a single tank for 45 mins donning and doffing in the water...
    In July 2013 I progessed to two 60m dives per day on single tanks of Nitrox..now all from a boat donning and doffing in the water.
    In August 2013 I got back on twins and progressed to 60m with air and nitrox for deco...donning on boat platform and then falling in...doffing in the water.
    In September 2013 I started on CCR again and built depth up again to 100m with trimix dil 10/50.
    In October 2013 I started teaching CCR and also Instructor courses again...I now pick and choose my dives run courses when demand is there and take photos, clean up trash underwater and dive when I feel like it..

I feel a lot better in the water than on land...after diving my land walking improves somewhat...so Im living my life still diving and teaching diving.

I decided to post this here in case any else is in the same situation...as I know when I was there all I got was negatives...

cheers
    Rod

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Have you ever considered any sort of inversion therapy? I've avoided surgery for my back for over 5 years now which I attribute to weight loss, pilates, and inversion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4