+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mega meg ii

Mega meg ii

Wanted to Share my latest MEGA MEG configuration, just slimmer and with 1 bmcl and 1 full fmcl breathes and rides like a charm with plenty of tidal volume and doesn't weight too much ()

Your comments are most welcomed

Keep Finning
    Attached Images

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Re: Mega meg ii

Most inventive. How much does it weigh? I expect you are one strong guy. Saw a gag strap in there. That must make it interesting to change loops.

Nice work,

Peter

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

The combination of the mantas and the fmcl is a very good idea, but i didn`t like the 4 tanks, why not only have the Oxygen onboard and the dil offboard, so your rig is not so wide, and not so heavy.........

what type of dives do you dive with the mega meg, ???

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    Most inventive. How much does it weigh? I expect you are one strong guy. Saw a gag strap in there. That must make it interesting to change loops.

Nice work,

Peter
    Hey Peter, It weighs just like a normal Meg but * 2, as for the gag strap i ran out of clamps so i had to improvise. As a matter of fact although i used to opt to changing between loops when i first started diving the mega meg 3 years ago http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=28446 , to make sure there is always two functioning ccrs. however now i only switch at critical depth changing weather in ascents or descents to make sure there is always a breathable content and volume

Keep finning

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    The combination of the mantas and the fmcl is a very good idea, but i didn`t like the 4 tanks, why not only have the Oxygen onboard and the dil offboard, so your rig is not so wide, and not so heavy.........

what type of dives do you dive with the mega meg, ???
    Hey Markku

Thanks for your input, i would share my thoughts about this, but forgive me i will have to answer your questions in another order, first mostly the type of diving i do or specifically the one i built this rig for, was for a survey project for a cave that has an entrance at about 120 meters and goes a few hundred meters in and deeper for around 145 meters or maybe 150. as you can deduce from that the bottom time would be pretty long for just reaching the cave and spending a few minutes in, also the amount of bailout gas needed to be carried would be alot therefore i opted to have a shallow team with open circuit bailout and use the two rebreather for finishing the dive from top to bottom, with the shallow team as a safety net.

i decided on using 4 tanks for a key factor which is not only having two completely independent rebreather each on its own, but also have the capability for interchanging parts between those two rebreathers as well, which is in fact kind of being able to dive with 3 rebreathers theoretically speaking if one fails, and the other fails ( highly unlikely) you can use both rebreather parts to extract 1 life support device, adding to that the support team in that case.

Although some might think the system is bulky and not very streamlined, you can see in one of the pics that its not wider than my shoulders and from my experience with more than one setup from the mega meg, this one rides smoother than any CCR we commonly use with 3 or 4 stages for a sub 100 meter dive.

keep Finning

Is There anyone diving MEGA megs regularly around the forum here?

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Mousa  View Original Post
    Is There anyone diving MEGA megs regularly around the forum here?
    Email these guys I'm sure they are still using 2 Megs:)

+ Reply to Thread