+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diving Villasimius Wrecks

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Re: Diving Villasimius Wrecks

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Meineche  View Original Post
    In deep respect, Ossi!
    I am truely impressed! Your skills are awesome... obviously not only in the water! That housing looks SO cool. Could be REALLY INTERESTING to put another one side by side and connect the two cameras with a Lanc-controller to see if it works 3D (If the coverage of the lens is big enough to fit the shortest possible distance between the two cameras/lenses).

It is always so cool to see when people make something themselves instead of just buying everything ready to use!

Keep up the good work Ossi!

All the best again from Kim!
    Thanks Kim for the nice words, but to be honest also Your setup is not realy out of factory, seems lot of work behind to put it together to make it working in 3D.
    Best and save diving Ossi

RBW Member Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche's Avatar
    Costom COPIS Meg.

KISS-Dolphin

Hi Ossi!

Well... yes my rig did take some time to make and figure out but the Lanc-controller and the cables was available almost right way and only needed some cuts and solderings to get in and out of the housings!

I have not much experience in video/videocameras so far, but some of the new possibilities from the digital cams and dSLR's seducts me a lot!

May I ask you how you hacked into the electronics to figure out how to wire the controlbottons and how did you find the lens for your rig? I surpose the Inon lens and dome is not only made to fit the HC7?
    It looks really amazing in quality... so grisp and sharp!

Cheers again from Kim!

Quote Originally Posted by gerstl_ossi  View Original Post
    Thanks Kim for the nice words, but to be honest also Your setup is not realy out of factory, seems lot of work behind to put it together to make it working in 3D.
    Best and save diving Ossi

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Meineche  View Original Post
    Hi Ossi!

Well... yes my rig did take some time to make and figure out but the Lanc-controller and the cables was available almost right way and only needed some cuts and solderings to get in and out of the housings!

I have not much experience in video/videocameras so far, but some of the new possibilities from the digital cams and dSLR's seducts me a lot!

May I ask you how you hacked into the electronics to figure out how to wire the controlbottons and how did you find the lens for your rig? I surpose the Inon lens and dome is not only made to fit the HC7?
    It looks really amazing in quality... so grisp and sharp!

Cheers again from Kim!
    Hi Kim I used a Remot electronic from hgvt. The controlbottons on the backsite are reed contacts. I made the bottons in different colored plasticmaterial. The bottons on the handle are piezo. Here is a link to the remot control electronic.
    :: hgvt videotechnik gmbh | willkommen :: The most expensive part was the lese with the dome port.It is not made for the HC7 but for fotocameras like olympus ..... I don't remember were I get it. Here is a link only to show the lense with the dome. Inon UWL-100 M67 f. Typ II Weitwinkelvorsatzlinse
    As for the dSLR's I have a sony A55 and if I have a little time I will make a housing.
    Cheers Ossi

RBW Member Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche has a spectacular aura about Kim Meineche's Avatar
    Costom COPIS Meg.

KISS-Dolphin

Hi Ossi!

Thanks a lot for the answers and the links... nice shops for homebuilders that is now added to my "favorites"!

My question about the lens was more like how you figured out to use exactely this Inon lens and dome? Did you just had an oppertunity to try it directly with your camera or did you knew in some other ways, that it would fit the HC7 that well?
    Even it's a quite cheap lens, it would have been pretty costly just for an experiment?!

Thanks and cheers again from Kim!

Quote Originally Posted by gerstl_ossi  View Original Post
    Hi Kim I used a Remot electronic from hgvt. The controlbottons on the backsite are reed contacts. I made the bottons in different colored plasticmaterial. The bottons on the handle are piezo. Here is a link to the remot control electronic.
    :: hgvt videotechnik gmbh | willkommen :: The most expensive part was the lese with the dome port.It is not made for the HC7 but for fotocameras like olympus ..... I don't remember were I get it. Here is a link only to show the lense with the dome. Inon UWL-100 M67 f. Typ II Weitwinkelvorsatzlinse
    As for the dSLR's I have a sony A55 and if I have a little time I will make a housing.
    Cheers Ossi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2