+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of going to Florida

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Thinking of going to Florida

A small group of us are planing our fall trip to somewhere warm and rebreather friendly. We also need to make is affordable this year so we were thinking of Florida. All four of us dive but only two will be on RB and the girls will likely only dive every other day. I would love to explor some of the wrecks I keep hearing all about as well as a Tx dive or two to satisfy the need for deeper longer dives. If anyone could point me to a good charter/resort operation I would appreciate it. Thanks

Rob

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Re: Thinking of going to Florida

Plenty rebreather friendly here in south Florida, I would base your dives out of Pompano Florida or islamorada down in the keys.

Or split the time between both locations.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Hunter Anderson HuntsDesk is an unknown quantity at this point HuntsDesk's Avatar
    2.7 Apecs Meg w/ X Link

HammerMeg

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    Plenty rebreather friendly here in south Florida, I would base your dives out of Pompano Florida or islamorada down in the keys.

Or split the time between both locations.
    I agree. Pompano Dive Center does a great job. Best part with them is that you call the dive site if you're the first to book and they don't require a million divers to be on board. I would check them out for sure.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

I like pompano Dive Center as well, however Oliver of Avid Dive charters runs a great 6 pack if your looking for a more private tour.

Gary Mace of conch republic dive in islamorada runs rebreather friendly trips, and you also have Chris of Silent World down in the keys.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.

Hunter Anderson HuntsDesk is an unknown quantity at this point HuntsDesk's Avatar
    2.7 Apecs Meg w/ X Link

HammerMeg

For Largo diving I prefer Horizon Divers.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Pompano Dive Center is great. Have not been on Avid, yet but hope to be soon. Check out Silent Diving.com for Key Largo. You guys might enjoy the Spiegel Groove. Heck since you are visiting here, maybe you should consider checking out both.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Just thought of one more thing. If you guys are thinking of going to Key Largo, I think Chris at Silent World may have some arrangement with local accommodations. Have fun!!!

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

This is the kind of stuff I was hoping to get. Thanks I will start checking them out

Rob

Head Dishwasher
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Just come down we will take care of you
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Thanks for the recommending us!

As monkey says, come on down. Lots of good folks will take care of you in south Florida.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast