+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what happens ?

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Re: what happens ?

Quote Originally Posted by viperman  View Original Post
    Yesterday we dive in the evening type 23.00 do a night dive.

I have not done a night dive in a long time but we took it easy when we put our things.

I went into the water before the others and made a pre breathed "breathed out of the Rebreather machine to activate the lime.

Was there maybe 5-7 minutes before we went down

The dive went well except that I had fog problems in half the mask, it is glued back on the right side of the mask almost the whole time were releasing water into the mask, rinse clean empty mask

The view was like that when I was behind 2 divers and it did not get any better that I looked bad on the right eye due to and from the mist fog.

35 minutes into the dive of perhaps 12 m deep, I feel weird worried mm does not feel okay so I bailout passes of 21% air I have with me and trying to calm me down but does not feel ok anyway buddy tells me that a got on bailout we go up

At the rise of 8-6 m, it feels much better and we is 3 minutes at 4.5 to 3 meters before we surface.

What's going on ?

I suffer of vertigo, why is that

Lime in the machine had divetime 123 min before the dive

In summary:
    You did a shallow 12m nightdive for 35 mins on a stored scrubber with 123 mins time on it.
    During the dive you felt anxious, and bailed out, and ascended.
    You had continually mask clearing issues.

Correct summary?
    ----
    First off, the angst you felt could be from a night-dive on CCR which you have not done for a long time.
    But from outside it actually sounds as a small slow CO2 hit, where you often feel unsafe before you get increased ventilation-rate.
    Now a small CO2 hit could be from the scrubber being stored incorrectly, or from incorrect breathing (ie. CO2 retention) or other factors.
    Now if you were clearing mask all the time, you we're perhaps breathing of the ADV a lot, this can cause you to do to shallow breathing which agan leads to insufficient ventialtion of your lungs and in the end perhaps retained CO2.

Dizzy-spells during asceding/descending is something many divers encounters and is probably not related to CO2-issues if any were present. Most likely its due to inner-ears not equalizing the same which can cause dizzyness that last a short while, but normally (at least for me) it goes away after less than 30 seconds, but it can be pretty bad when it occurs.

Lastly dont rule out bad air in your diluent....

I would recommend to change Sorb, Dil, and a carefull check of DSV-valves, and then try again where you notice that you are not running completely ad minimum loop-volume. A bigger than normal inhale should not be strained - then your loop-volume is *too* low.
    Last edited by Hanssing; 11th July 2011 at 17:35.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I don't think anybody diving (recreational or tech) should risk diving with contact lenses! If you are tech, then you should be able to afford a perm lens dive mask. If you are recreational, why risk the panic of being blind when loosing your lenses?????

Just a concerned voice, hoping to be helpful!!
    I also disagree. Never lost a lens yet diving and that includes mask off/open eyes.

Dwayne

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    I also disagree. Never lost a lens yet diving and that includes mask off/open eyes.

Dwayne

Agree, with mask of my lens stay on. ten years using lens.

Tony

RBW Member matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane's Avatar
    Evolution+

Inspo Vision, Inspo Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Well if you'd had to close your eyes this might be a contradiction for deco and/or technical diving, but as stated.
    Funny thing that, I keep my eyes closed just long enough to get my spare mask out of my pocket and onto my face therefor deco/tech diving is not a problem

I understand what you are saying about cheap masks/cheap prescription lenses for them, but I have yet to find a cheap mask that fits me properly
    Last edited by matt crane; 12th July 2011 at 16:06.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by matt crane  View Original Post
    Funny thing that, I keep my eyes closed just long enough to get my spare mask out of my pocket and onto my face therefor deco/tech diving is not a problem
    Hmm... and when you loose or break your backup you just die? I'd rather open my eyes

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Well I guess that settles the issues on contact lenses. Ok with soft ones but not OK with hard ones?!

Still trying to figure out what went wrong with the person who posted this in the first place.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Well I guess that settles the issues on contact lenses. Ok with soft ones but not OK with hard ones?!

Still trying to figure out what went wrong with the person who posted this in the first place.
    My best guess is vertigo brought on by the "half" mask fogging leaving one good eye/one bad eye.

Certainly not an experience I would repeat but take a dive with fresh scrubber and a mask half clean and see what happens.

Dwayne

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    My best guess is vertigo brought on by the "half" mask fogging leaving one good eye/one bad eye.

Certainly not an experience I would repeat but take a dive with fresh scrubber and a mask half clean and see what happens.

Dwayne
    Its quite challenging... and u eventually vomit...

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

A vertigo attack can also be trigged by even mild reverse block in one of the ears which creates pressure difference between the two or even cold water leaking to just one of the ears can cause similar symptoms.

If you haven't experienced it yet, get read for a roller-coaster.

Not to mention round window rupture or inner-ear bends.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Szopinski  View Original Post
    A vertigo attack can also be trigged by even mild reverse block in one of the ears which creates pressure difference between the two or even cold water leaking to just one of the ears can cause similar symptoms.

If you haven't experienced it yet, get read for a roller-coaster.

Not to mention round window rupture or inner-ear bends.
    Definately not recommended!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2