+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what happens ?

RBW Member viperman is an unknown quantity at this point viperman's Avatar
    AP Inspiration Classic

Thumbs down what happens ?

Yesterday we dive in the evening type 23.00 do a night dive.

I have not done a night dive in a long time but we took it easy when we put our things.

I went into the water before the others and made a pre breathed "breathed out of the RB machine to activate the lime.

Was there maybe 5-7 minutes before we went down

The dive went well except that I had fog problems in half the mask, it is glued back on the right side of the mask almost the whole time were releasing water into the mask, rinse clean empty mask

The view was like that when I was behind 2 divers and it did not get any better that I looked bad on the right eye due to and from the mist fog.

35 minutes into the dive of perhaps 12 m deep, I feel weird worried mm does not feel okay so I bailout passes of 21% air I have with me and trying to calm me down but does not feel ok anyway buddy tells me that a got on bailout we go up

At the rise of 8-6 m, it feels much better and we is 3 minutes at 4.5 to 3 meters before we surface.

What's going on ?

I suffer of vertigo, why is that

Lime in the machine had divetime 123 min before the dive

AP Inspiration Classic

Re: what happens ?

For more info, I have glasses
    are nearsighted

-1.75 And -2.00 in vision problems

But recently I have not dived with the lenses when I thought I see but when I dive

Could it be that I should wear contact lenses when I dive?

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Hi

I'm just curious.. why would you not wear your lenses down? Unless you're using a prescribed mask??

BR.

Quote Originally Posted by viperman  View Original Post
    For more info, I have glasses
    are nearsighted

-1.75 And -2.00 in vision problems

But recently I have not dived with the lenses when I thought I see but when I dive

Could it be that I should wear contact lenses when I dive?

AP Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Hi

I'm just curious.. why would you not wear your lenses down? Unless you're using a prescribed mask??

BR.

I have found that I did not have sight difficulties to dive without lenses before but now I wonder if this has been the wrong decision?

Not use a prescribed mask??

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

AHA!I can answer this cause it happened to me!
    I dont need prescription lenses, but had a new mask that developed a weird fog on one lense.. this affected my depth perception and gave me vertigo (to an extent- it made it uncomfortable and a little bit spacey)
    I hit the mask with a dose of cream cleanser to get rid of the rest of the silicon coating.. and viola.. no fog and no vertigo.
    I'm not saying htis is what you should do.. but start with the known factors (leaking and/or fogging mask) then try other alternatives.
    contacts are great until you have to remove your mask... then u risk loosing one...

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

I don't think anybody diving (recreational or tech) should risk diving with contact lenses! If you are tech, then you should be able to afford a perm lens dive mask. If you are recreational, why risk the panic of being blind when loosing your lenses?????

Try to be the best you can be and not the least. If you have a limitation, depending how badly, if you can still dive, dive it the best!!!

Why risk getting bend if you can't figure out if your computer is telling you 30 vs. 60 vs. 90 minutes. ?????

For a nearsighted person, you should be able to see your computer clearly. But, what about seeing your buddies at a distance??

"Getting by" attitude may work when tying you shoelaces, but don't use that diving!

Just a concerned voice, hoping to be helpful!!

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I don't think anybody diving (recreational or tech) should risk diving with contact lenses! If you are tech, then you should be able to afford a perm lens dive mask. If you are recreational, why risk the panic of being blind when loosing your lenses?????
    I do not quite understand the concern. I do dive with contact lenses very often and I do know several guys doing so including up to the level of Tech instructors.
    As long as no hard contact lenses are used my perception is that the risk of loosing a lense is merely inexistent. Especially in salt water.
    In my clases I do all no mask skills with contact lenses in. You can open your eyes with no problem. Actually in salt water the lenses are even fixed better to the eye due to the different salt contents..

On the other hand for me it is quite easy since i am only little nearsighted, so even without lenses I am able to see well enough, but as stated before I know even instructors with high nearsightedness who dive lenses without issues.

RBW Member matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane's Avatar
    Evolution+

Inspo Vision, Inspo Classic

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post

Try to be the best you can be and not the least. If you have a limitation, depending how badly, if you can still dive, dive it the best!!!
    What a load of rubbish prescription masks may be cheap where you are but for example in the UK a prescription mask can cost close to £200. I have much better things to spend that £200 on than a new prescription mask every year or possibly more often if your prescription changes frequently.

I have been diving with contact lenses for roughly 5years and have never yet lost a lens, (had one move a couple of times but a couple of blinks later and it was back where it should be with no drama caused).

I am an OC Instructor, (non tech), and I have no problem with mask off drills, I just shut my eyes prevents any problems at all......

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

I use contact in my mask all the time.
    On movie shoots we were in the water 10+ hours a day, above and below water. Could not do it with presctription mask. I have never lost a contact lens while diving. I lost it once in whitewater, when I flipped in Class 5.
    But I flipped many times before and after in bigger water and did not loose the lens.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by matt crane  View Original Post
    I am an OC Instructor, (non tech), and I have no problem with mask off drills, I just shut my eyes prevents any problems at all......

Well if you'd had to close your eyes this might be a contradiction for deco and/or technical diving, but as stated. Also no problem to open eyes without mask and wearing lenses (as long as they are soft).. hard lenses might be washed out and surely you wouldn't want to loose these as you could buy a couple of prescription masks then..

a note for the cost of prescription masks however. Depending on the mask model.. For the Technisub Look mask there are glases in steps of 0,5 dioptrine (is that spelled right in english?) available for both near and farsighted and they are available for about 40 EUR per glass and you can exchange them yourself, so it is not that big of a drama, but I actually prefer lenses in any case, because e.g. especially in the read sea they also protect the eye in case you get some salt water in.. it burns a lot less..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast