+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scrubber filters

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Scrubber filters

I just fill my KISS scrubber and go diving,
    never had a problem.
    I do fill from a couple of feet and let the
    breeze work for me but never fitted a
    scrubber filter. My unit came with a few
    packs of AP ones but never tried them.
    Anyone used them on a KISS classic ?

RBW Member H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2 Instructor

Hollis Explorer Inst Trainer

After building a dozen DIY's and refitting some military surplus RB's, I have found that you can get away with a wide variety of metal screens as long as you use a polyester screen attatched to it as a filter for dust.

you will have to decide what micron(pore) size to use so that WOB is not screwed. I don't even remember what size I have left here. I have a few 1 yd sheets that I have been cutting on for years. try some place like this-

http://www.componentsupplycompany.co...kWwaAmVX8P8HAQ

The place I got mine from had some bulk material left over from making bubble bags. OH well they had it cheap.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by H2Ocaver  View Original Post
    After building a dozen DIY's and refitting some military surplus RB's, I have found that you can get away with a wide variety of metal screens as long as you use a polyester screen attatched to it as a filter for dust.

you will have to decide what micron(pore) size to use so that WOB is not screwed. I don't even remember what size I have left here. I have a few 1 yd sheets that I have been cutting on for years. try some place like this-

http://www.componentsupplycompany.co...kWwaAmVX8P8HAQ

The place I got mine from had some bulk material left over from making bubble bags. OH well they had it cheap.
    I don't suppose you could measure the mesh of what you have that breathes well and let me know? I don't think it's worth buying one of each. I have heard that at least 50% open area is required. But if you are backing this up against a 50% open metal screen, you could be down to 25% open area or even less. Sort of like polarized lenses at right angles to each other.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver is a jewel in the rough H2Ocaver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I don't suppose you could measure the mesh of what you have that breathes well and let me know? I don't think it's worth buying one of each. I have heard that at least 50% open area is required. But if you are backing this up against a 50% open metal screen, you could be down to 25% open area or even less. Sort of like polarized lenses at right angles to each other.
    I wish I could, I don't have anything that will measure micron sized holes, any suggestions?
    I want to say 80-100 micron was the smallest that worked well.

Nice thing is that it cleans up really well with just vinegar.

just looked, can't tell.
    what size do you need Ken? I can cut a piece and stick it in an envelope and you try it-Eric 813 505 3527

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by access  View Original Post
    I just fill my KISS scrubber and go diving,
    never had a problem.
    I do fill from a couple of feet and let the
    breeze work for me but never fitted a
    scrubber filter. My unit came with a few
    packs of AP ones but never tried them.
    Anyone used them on a KISS classic ?
    I have put an AP scrim, cut to size, on the inhale side of my scrubber, and used a bit of lock wire to keep it in place. For a while I was having to use Grace Sodasorb, which is dusty as hell, and combined with the tightish ADV, on a hard suck I'd get dust coming through. Using Divelime and Sofnolime now, but left it in there.

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    I have put an AP scrim, cut to size, on the inhale side of my scrubber, and used a bit of lock wire to keep it in place. For a while I was having to use Grace Sodasorb, which is dusty as hell, and combined with the tightish ADV, on a hard suck I'd get dust coming through. Using Divelime and Sofnolime now, but left it in there.
    Cheers Dave, I use DiveLime also and have had no problems.
    Was just wondering if it is worth fitting a filter or not.
    I guess if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by H2Ocaver  View Original Post
    just looked, can't tell.
    what size do you need Ken? I can cut a piece and stick it in an envelope and you try it-Eric 813 505 3527

Can't beat an offer like that. I'll call you. They are 7 inch/177mm diameter.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Can't beat an offer like that. I'll call you. They are 7 inch/177mm diameter.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Hey, nice talking to you. I'm sending you a ~7 inch square, try it and if it works for you we can send a little scrap to the manufacturer and tell them to get us some more the same size.

did u get it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast