+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scrubber filters

RBW Member Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik's Avatar
    IDA-71(KISS Mod)

IDA-59 O2 Mod & KISS, IDA-72

Re: Scrubber filters

Filters... Towels... We, here in Russia simply blow out dust from scrubber
    using a kind of electric dust blower. No dust, no filters, no troubles.

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

I dont know what they are called but I used those green plastic pads made for scrubbing pots. Worked very well and good WOB.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Are you guys saying it is ok to use just a stainless mesh without also using some paper scrim? If so, then how about 316 stainless, #165 mesh, 105 micron, 45% open area screen. Available pretty cheap on eBay. Compared to having to order JJ scrims.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Marbry is an unknown quantity at this point Marbry's Avatar
    Revo

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    I dont know what they are called but I used those green plastic pads made for scrubbing pots. Worked very well and good WOB.
    We use Brillo pads for the filter in carbide cap lamps too.

Works much better than felt. Still allows the acetylene through when they get wet.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Are you guys saying it is ok to use just a stainless mesh without also using some paper scrim? If so, then how about 316 stainless, #165 mesh, 105 micron, 45% open area screen. Available pretty cheap on eBay. Compared to having to order JJ scrims.

You lose the CE rating (if that really matters to you) and you lose any water blocking ability you rely on. Also you need to be really careful when pouring the sorb to get rid of the really fine dust or it can be an irritant.
    On my home built stuff I tend to use just the mesh on the exhale side of the scrubber and either mesh (and be very careful about the dust) or a filter/scrim on the inhale side.
    For homebuilt stuff I tend to use 20 or 30 mesh (20 or 30 hole per inch) stainless, 30 mesh can be cut with paramedic scissors (about 3 uses before the scisors are too blunt) and 20 mesh needs a little more creativity (but seems to have better WOB).
    HTH
    Simon A
    Last edited by Simon A; 14th January 2015 at 12:11. Reason: Spelling!

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Hi
    If it helps, I use mosquito net in mine with a stainless steel mesh plate on top...
    Jale

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    You lose the CE rating (if that really matters to you) and you lose any water blocking ability you rely on. Also you need to be really careful when pouring the sorb to get rid of the really fine dust or it can be an irritant.
    On my home built stuff I tend to use just the mesh on the exhale side of the scrubber and either mesh (and be very careful about the dust) or a filter/scrim on the inhale side.
    For homebuilt stuff I tend to use 20 or 30 mesh (20 or 30 hole per inch) stainless, 30 mesh can be cut with paramedic scissors (about 3 uses before the scisors are too blunt) and 20 mesh needs a little more creativity (but seems to have better WOB).
    HTH
    Simon A
    This sounds like a great idea. The inhale side does need the dust and water protection, but that scrim seems to last forever anyway. It's the exhale side one that takes a lot of abuse and would be helpful to replace with the screen. I think I'll try this. Thanks Simon.
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member 1Digger is an unknown quantity at this point 1Digger's Avatar
    mini Quantum, 100, Proteus

Would a scrim kit as used by INSPO do the job?
    At 7 euro for two, sounds cheaper option than buying and cutting Stainless steel mesh.
    I have noticed even a 50 / 50 mesh (depending what size AWG etc) still lets 797 fall through
    Keep it simple try the cheaper option and less effort and money is wasted
    I am uncertain about size but would think this is already certified and tested
    http://www.apdiving.com/shop/scrim-kit.html
    Check out out Ap diving for further detail

JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Believe it or not 2 stainless screens cost about the same as a pair of scrims. Actually a bit less since my source is buy 2 and get 1 free.

Ken

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Your best friends could be the MK IV divers, there're 2 scrims in every scrubber canister they throw away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast