+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scrubber filters

RBW Member Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

IDA-72, IDA-71

Re: Scrubber filters

I have used what I think is called a "splatter pan". looks like a tennis requet (smaller though) and the inside of the "racket" is stainless mesh. It is used to prevent oil from panfrying splattering everywhere.
    Available from most places that sell kitchen utensils
    Use a new one off course

Cuts and shapes very easily, and cheap as well
    Attached Images

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

Quote Originally Posted by alpine44  View Original Post
    How about a couch and an observer followed by an exercise bike and an observer for the DIY version of CE testing?
    I think you're on to something here....
    Entertaining too... I'd happily volunteer to be the observer... we have to test unitl breakthrough.... I'll bring a first aid kit, a defib machine and a box of cheezels.--- and beer

RBW Member BNH Diver is an unknown quantity at this point BNH Diver's Avatar
    Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Pretorius  View Original Post
    I have used what I think is called a "splatter pan". looks like a tennis requet (smaller though) and the inside of the "racket" is stainless mesh. It is used to prevent oil from panfrying splattering everywhere.
    Available from most places that sell kitchen utensils
    Use a new one off course

Cuts and shapes very easily, and cheap as well
    Those are usually aluminium mesh. Take care to make sure the one people pickup are the stainless one that Pretorius has.

Quote Originally Posted by BNH Diver  View Original Post
    Those are usually aluminium mesh. Take care to make sure the one people pickup are the stainless one that Pretorius has.
    I assume aluminium reacts to make H2?

Quote Originally Posted by tecdiverdude  View Original Post
    I think you're on to something here....
    Entertaining too... I'd happily volunteer to be the observer... we have to test unitl breakthrough.... I'll bring a first aid kit, a defib machine and a box of cheezels.--- and beer
    Im pretty sure hypercapnic ventillatory response is considered pretty safe, and the couch / excercise bike test is fairly well standard? Generally people can tell way before its fatal?

Self testing hypoxic ventilatory response is a bit more risky?

Fabio Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by alpine44  View Original Post
    How about a couch and an observer followed by an exercise bike and an observer for the DIY version of CE testing?
    You need:
    a CO2 analyzer
    A breathing gas flow of 40 lt/min
    A CO2 Flow of 1,6 lt/min
    Some way to test all at 5 bar

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Are you using any particular grade of stainless steel for the mesh?

RBW Member nilknarfyrag is an unknown quantity at this point nilknarfyrag's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Drager Dolphin, Dolphin CCR

I used a preforated bread pan for a filter. It cut fairly easily and was heavy. I was sure it was stainless. After 3 dives, I had a little mishap with my mouthpiece so I checked the sorb on my homebuilt and there was only a couple of little pieces left on the intake of the first scrubber. I'd avoid aluminum.

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

http://rebreathers.pl/forum/download.php?id=1

You can use a scrubber (Poseidon) filter with such a fabric can be etched in HCl, CaCl2 is soluble in water.
    In AirElite MSA_Auer is used replaceable paper filter is used there KO2.

rc greet

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I know this is an old thread, but I was reading and doing some research when i stumbled upon this thread. In one of my earlier posts here, I mentioned using a coffee filter for a scrim in a scrubber. Well, since then I have actually tried one and the WOB was terrible.

DO NOT USE COFFEE FILTERS

Bounty paper towels will work to get you by in a pinch, but I do not recommend them for long term use. Don't ask me how I know.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast