+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intersurgical lime... cough, splutter, cough...

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Intersurgical lime... cough, splutter, cough...

Is it normally this dusty? I bought some from Dive Lime the other day and filled my scrubber tonight with it. I was decanting it from the keg into the Acme Mod 1 Mk15 scrubber filling device...

Jeeeeeez, it was like I was being tear gassed! Big cloud of white smoke!

It'll be interesting to see how it performs compared to Sofnolime but I'm not overly taken by the first impression. I've rattled kegs of Sofnolime in the back of my truck for 1000 miles and never had it as dusty as this.

I'm just wondering how long I'll get before the Porex filters need a vinegar soak.

Re: Intersurgical lime... cough, splutter, cough...

I have been using this recently and have noticed the same. I try and fill my scrubber in a breezy area so the worst gets blown away when i pour it in.

I've started taking my inhale hose off the head (kiss classic) and blowing through a few big breathes to clear some dust out of the scrubber before a pos/ neg test. This seems to get rid of the worst of it and makes me feel less bad about breathing through dusty lime.

Have used this lime without any problems so far.......

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    Inspo classic w/ HH lid

Dolphin as is :); O2 CCR Ray

I guess you are reffering to the Intersorb one?
    Intersorb does in fact create a lot of dust during pouring...
    At least also the medical Intersorb Plus does, I don't know the one from divelime..
    Spherasorb however should not dust so much..
    But even with my old Dolphin and thus no dust protection layer in the scrubber I actually never had dust problems actual diving it..

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

vacuuming after filling guy´s, even if you don´t see the dust it´s there and sure not good for your lungs!

When I fill my scrubbers I never fill directly from the keg, I fill into a bucket first to get rid of the most dust and then to the scrubber. After that vaccuum cleaner for some minutes in both directions!

+ Reply to Thread