+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Updated Optima Hammerhead Wrist Units

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Updated Optima Hammerhead Wrist Units

Gang,

I just got back from BTS and wanted to share a few pictures of the updated Optima Hammerhead wrist units. Here are the major enhancements..

1) The finish is now annodized (similar to the VR3)

2) All edges have been further rounded.

Dive Safe...

Mark
    Attached Images
    Last edited by diverklondike; 27th March 2006 at 00:43. Reason: spelling

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Updated Optima Hammerhead Wrist Units

What about the face plate? Did they give you any idea about when we can swap out the cases for the new ones (and the cost)? What's the turn time like?

Does anyone have a contact with JM that I can reach about this? I left an email about this over a month ago without any return correspondence. Maybe I am not going about this the right way.

Thanks.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami
    What about the face plate? Did they give you any idea about when we can swap out the cases for the new ones (and the cost)? What's the turn time like?

Does anyone have a contact with JM that I can reach about this? I left an email about this over a month ago without any return correspondence. Maybe I am not going about this the right way.

Thanks.
    The face plate is the same SS...

As far as the rest I would recommend contacting Dive Rite...

Also there is no "swap out" this is just the next generation.

I am just the picture guy... ;)
    Last edited by diverklondike; 27th March 2006 at 00:47.

Bloody Rebreathers! Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell's Avatar
    O2ptima, Sentinel, Prism 2

Inspiration & KISS & Poseidon

To my knowledge, the faceplates or bezels as they are being called by some are remaining SS. The grey coating is similar/same?? as has been used on DR light heads for years.

As to the swapping over your hand-piece cases? Talk to the dealer whom you purchased your unit from (Mark at DR Exp????), as you (and the dealer) are in Florida are probably more up-to-date than me being based “Down Under”.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami

Thanks.
    There is no official swap out to the annodized handsets.. The majority of them are doing great but there are a few that have exhibited some corrosion, These are handled on a case by case basis through the person you purchased it from.. Any aluminum bezel should be swapped out for the SS version..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

+ Reply to Thread