+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What shoudl be on the front page?

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Re: What shoudl be on the front page?

Quote Originally Posted by gibbogeo
    I think i would like an evident link to a complete alphabetical list of the rebreather friendly destination.

I wasn't able to find it.
    soon we will actually have them all shown on our world map...in fact you will be able to choose wha tyou want shown on there be it members, certain groups, sponsors or rb friendly destinations.

I have paid some one to do it and he is working on it now

Custom Title Allowed! HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC

Regarding Dive the Worlds comments above, I am a moderator on YD and can say that I have never seen anyone call rebreather world 'shit' which I think is testament to the friendly atmosphere that is so endearing to YD. We accept that there are many many forums out there, all different, with something unique to offer the reader, and it is great to see Stuart ask the community for ideas, and I guess this is no coincidence that it follows a YD revamp of the home page, but by allowing this kind of stupid rivalry, Rebreather World does itself a disservice if it claims to be a 'friendly' board as many people are happy members of a number of boards. It just makes you sound more like South West Mafia. Sadly most of the work required by 'the crew' DivetheWorld, is reading and moderating posts like yours :) You could make everyones lives a lot easier, by contributing constructively.

Andy
    Soooooooo, you're telling somone off for commenting on another web forum, in a post where you make a detrimental comment regarding yet another web forum. Well. Curious logic... :)

On a more productive note Stuart, I like the format a lot. I'd echo Andy's (other) comments about the "not registered with our community" bit, as I usually browse as a guest (too much of a newbie muppet to post so I often don't log in), and it bugs me a bit, but I can understand the possible reasons for doing it, so I guess ultimately it comes down to how much benefit you feel you get from having the message there.

Cheers
    H
    Last edited by HelenM; 29th March 2006 at 20:24.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Front page news...

Hi Stuart, I think the front page should be a large high quality RB related photo that changes every day. Something like that always gets my attention... -Andy

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

Only peripherally "on the front page" but could the login NOT default to "remember me" as I keep being remembered on PCs at work I shouldn't be when I forget to un-tick! (and you would only have to tick the box once to be remembered)

Neil

Still Learning.... Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg's Avatar

On the Front Page...

Don't know if it's quite what you are after but a list of threads to which the user has contributed would be useful (especially if there are further contributions after the user's last one.

Ant S

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: On the Front Page...

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Slegg
    Don't know if it's quite what you are after but a list of threads to which the user has contributed would be useful (especially if there are further contributions after the user's last one.

Ant S
    I set my preferences to subscribe to threads I post to then read subscribed threads that show they have been updated.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Blogs Admin / Forum Mod sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven's Avatar

Stuart,

The blogs have disappeared from the front page! Now, out of a very selfish interest , can I ask you to put them back on the front page? Who's going to read all the rants if there is no pointer towards them?:)

Other than that, may be big fonts in the CSS - judging by the poll about the age, many of us would appreciate this.

(Just kiddin' ... )

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sven
    The blogs have disappeared from the front page!
    Thanks, Stuart... ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4