+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebreather Weekend in Townsville, Queensland

JCU Marine Biology GarrettJohnson is an unknown quantity at this point GarrettJohnson's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Talking Rebreather Weekend in Townsville, Queensland

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to invite CCR/SCR divers in Australia who would like to join us for a Rebreather Weekend at James Cook University in Townsville the second weekend in September! Lance Robb out of Cairns is coming down to lead a presentation on CCR benefits in which the entire public is invited. Following that I have the university pool booked to allow interested divers to try a unit! I am sure there will be the occasional brew and snags on the barbie. It would be great to get those diving CCR's in the area to come and show their units, as well as answer the all to common questions. It is a form of my 'last stand' in attempt to increase interest in breathers from JCU professors and postgraduate researchers in hope that QLD and the university will relax on some of their 'ridiculous' diving regulations. No nitrox is not 'voodoo gas' and YES it is ok to use a BC or dive deeper than 9 metres. Help a good cause! I Hope to see you all there!!!

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Re: Rebreather Weekend in Townsville, Queensland

I could be tempted to take my JJ up seeing as I have family there

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Bump along as it's growing near.

Anyone interested in learning about what rebreathers are all about and try one are welcome.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member schwerve is an unknown quantity at this point schwerve's Avatar

I'll be there! I'll just need someone to buy me a plane ticket. Please?

If it was at christmas time I would be there!!!! sounds like a good method of getting what you want out of the uni though!!

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Hi Garrett and Lance

That sounds great. Please let me know asap specific details so I can see if I can sort out arrangements to be there. Will be in Townsville on the Friday and Monday so may be able to stay for weekend. Are you thinking about doing any dives whilst in Townsville?

I am keen to promote local CCR diving and can now provide limited trimix and O2 fills here.

Brian
    Aussie Reef Dive
    Bowen Qld

"where the reef meets the beach"

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar

I just returned from a great weekend at The James Cook University's Rebreather Weekend. The weekend was a huge success consisting of try dives over 3 days and a presentation night on Friday which had a good attendance.

All the divers who attended the try dives had a great time and all commented on how different diving a CCR was compared to OC.......All commented on how different buoyancy control was !!

Fil Gray and I were kept busy taking divers down to try out diving the Inspiration Vision and Megalodon Rebreathers in Adrenalin Dive's pool located at 252 Walker St Townsville.

Here are some happy divers from the weekend.

Regards,

Lance

IMG_2334RS.jpg

IMG_2360RS.jpg

IMG_2375RS.jpg

IMG_2409RS.jpg

IMG_2412RS.jpg

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Agree it was a great event : thanks to Garrett for organizing it and many thanks to Lance and Fil for introducing my better half to the wonders of CCR diving - something I had been totally unsuccessful at doing previously !

Brian

Aussie Reef Dive Bowen

'where the reef meets the beach'

Hi Brian,

It was a great weekend and great to finally catch up!!! Let me know when you and Sue can get away for a few days and we will have to go for a dip.

Regards,

Lance

+ Reply to Thread