+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 20 CCR KEY SKILLS a new rebreather diver should master!

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

20 CCR KEY SKILLS a new rebreather diver should master!

Hi All ,

I received a few emails and PM asking about key skills in foundational training so i have uploaded a document I have recently been working on, its not final and is aimed as a supplement for students in entry level CCR training.

Please note this document is supplementary to agency specific and manufacturer specific standards.

1. In water safety drill – decent check
    2. Weight check / trim / buoyancy
    3. Loop Volume Management
    4.Descent techniques / ADV / manual diluents addition
    5. Ascent techniques on CCR
    6. Mask clear / removal
    7. Bail out to open circuit including ascent
    8. Delivery of gas to out of gas diver
    9. Surface marker buoy deployment
    10. Diluent flush at depth
    11. Water in breathing hoses
    12. Flooded Loop
    13. In water sensor verification check for linearity
    14. High level of inspired oxygen
    15. Low oxygen / no oxygen
    16. Low diluent / no diluent
    17. Manual flight of the rebreather
    18. Semi closed Circuit Rebreather Mode
    19. Buoyancy Device Failure
    20. Rebreather Rescue

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/image...attach/pdf.gif
    Attached Files

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

Re: 20 CCR KEY SKILLS a new rebreather diver should master!

Congratulations

I like your doc!

Mike

RBW Member Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

IDA-72, IDA-71

It would be really cool of Rebreather training consist out of
    1) a generic course for CCR (MCCR + ECCR) & SCR
    2) a manufacturer specific course for the machine, issued by the manufacturer / representative.

That way, people interested in homebuilts can also correctly "learn" to dive a Rebreather, and in fact dive their own machines, as they would be "qualified" to operate rebreathers.

This document would go a long way in creating the "generic" rebreather course. Something I would deffinately support

Why should I be forced to learn to dive "X" brand of rebreather if I have no intention of doing so, but would rather dive my homebuilt or MCCR modified Doplhin or IDA, or whatever the other brand of "non mainstream" rebreathers there are.

Generic rebreather courses should be the way to go.

Good work.
    Green sent

RBW Member PS Botha is an unknown quantity at this point PS Botha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Pretorius  View Original Post
    It would be really cool of Rebreather training consist out of
    1) a generic course for CCR (MCCR + ECCR) & SCR
    2) a manufacturer specific course for the machine, issued by the manufacturer / representative.

That way, people interested in homebuilts can also correctly "learn" to dive a Rebreather, and in fact dive their own machines, as they would be "qualified" to operate rebreathers.

This document would go a long way in creating the "generic" rebreather course. Something I would deffinately support

Why should I be forced to learn to dive "X" brand of rebreather if I have no intention of doing so, but would rather dive my homebuilt or MCCR modified Doplhin or IDA, or whatever the other brand of "non mainstream" rebreathers there are.

Generic rebreather courses should be the way to go.

Good work.
    Green sent
    RAID does offer generic rebreather training as well as speciality courses for certain brands.

Have a look at their website at Diveraid.com

Best regards

RBW Member Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

IDA-72, IDA-71

Quote Originally Posted by PS Botha  View Original Post
    RAID does offer generic rebreather training as well as speciality courses for certain brands.

Have a look at their website at Diveraid.com

Best regards
    Had a look, and quoted as follows:
    Level 1: "The core rebreather course... (snip)
    Combined with this course you will be required to complete a detailed rebreather Speciality unit specific programme.
    ......This means you have to complete Rebreather Level 1 AND the unit specific rebreather speciality you have chosen to do this course with."

Level 2:
    "To start and qualify as a RAID rebreather diver you need to have completed both the core rebreather level and a unit specific Speciality course"

Like I said, It would be great if you could complete a generic rebreather course, without having to dive "X" brand of commercial mainstream rebreather, being punted by your friendly neighbourhood Rebreather instructor..

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

The biggest downside to a generic course for a mccr or ccr rebreather is loss of all that lovely revenue by the training bodies.As a home builder I think my unit uses exactly the same skill set you have outlined. I have owned a Pelagian and it has the same skill set. I did up to Mod 2 on it and I now own a rEvo II and having read all training material and required tasks for it I am sure when I complete a cross over on it I will not have increased my skill set at all ,just handed out more money to say I can use it. Generic training makes a lot of sense and I think it is a great idea.

RBW Member Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave is a jewel in the rough Dangerous Dave's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit

Very useful, thank you.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Good job Matt. A couple of comments from first perusal:
    -You state an upline should be used during decent procedure but during O2 flush you say a hard bottom or upline should be utilized. That is more practical for those of us who enter many of our dives from shore.

-During the mask clearing exercise you should also stress the the importance of reducing the amount of gas used to clear the mask. When time permits I have students practice clearing the mask without releasing any bubbles.

I am not nit picking other than the fact I would like to use your document in my training and have to make sure what I am presenting to the students is inline with what I am teaching them.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Many thanks,

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Very useful, have some green!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast