+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Revo II/III versus JJ-CCR

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Revo II/III versus JJ-CCR

I now that everybody thinks his RB is the best but are ther people who have experience with the Revo AND the JJ-CCR.

RBW Member ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg will become famous soon enough ashsg's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Re: Revo II/III versus JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    I now that everybody thinks his Rebreather is the best but are ther people who have experience with the Revo AND the JJ-CCR.

ask a guy on here called paul bailey hes had both from what i've read and i think mark chase

RBW Member SoggyBottoms is an unknown quantity at this point SoggyBottoms's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Inspo Vision, Draeger O2

and it's a split decision - as you'd expect

Bailey bought a rEvo and Chasey bought a JJ

What's for breakfast?

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyBottoms  View Original Post
    and it's a split decision - as you'd expect

Bailey bought a rEvo and Chasey bought a JJ

What's for breakfast?

Chasey sold his rEvo II.
    A lot of difference between rEvo II and III.

Cheers,
    Davy

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Have not laid eyes on a JJ myself.

But it was on the short list when I was looking for a unit.

I think they are both excellent units and you will be happy with either.

But both will have advantages and you need to decide what advantages suit you better.

For me the rEvo won because of its low WOB, Low profile, easy of setup /maintenance and dual scrubbers ( biggest advantage as I see it).
    Lack of a BOV and ability to plug in offboard gas were 2 disadvantages that were easily solved.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

For the moment the revo III looks better for me: easy maintenance, low profile, easy with spare parts , easy for the course ( JJ very difficult in belgium)
    I'm thinking about the standard Revo III hCCR, i think i'm too big for a mini (1.86m)

But....if somebody nows a reason why I should go for something else....tell me !!!

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

For the moment the revo III looks better for me: easy maintenance, low profile, easy with spare parts , easy for the course ( JJ very difficult in belgium)
    I'm thinking about the standard Revo III hCCR, i think i'm too big for a mini (1.86m)

But....if somebody nows a reason why I should go for something else....tell me !!!
    I did my rEvo crossover course on a mini, and I'm the same height as you. so it's diveable.
    I'd go for a mini with the 3 gas add block coming over the right shoulder.
    I've got one dive buddy who is better off with a JJ rather than a rEvo, because the rEvo makes him hugely negative in the water.
    For us mortals that normaly have to carry weights then both are hugely capeable units and it's down to personal preference.
    Simon A

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

The decision is made: Revo III hCCR, standard (still considering or i would take an extra revo dream on top of the revo dream and shearwater which are already included.)
    I'm thinking to leave the gas block away.

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

The decision is made: Revo III hCCR, standard (still considering or i would take an extra revo dream on top of the revo dream and shearwater which are already included.)

FWIW- I think you made the right decision on the standard, given your height. Not so much for in water, but for when you're kitting up, whether on a boat or on a land. IMO, forget the extra dream and spend the money on the gas block. I don't have one yet, (bought a Shrimp instead), but am saving pennies for one. Hope you enjoy the rEvo

Franco

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Believe me, you'll want a triple block immediately when you see another rEvo buddy using one! I recommended all the rEvo divers I know to get it with their purchase and all are very happy. You can train with the bottom buttons first and add the block later.

Cheers,
    Davy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast