+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grant

Grant grantlewthwaite is an unknown quantity at this point grantlewthwaite's Avatar
    Poseidon

Grant

Howzit from a cold but sunny Sydney. A diver of 25+ years I am looking into acquiring a rebreather. Following ther recent dive expo in Sydney I have narrowed this down to a Poseidon unit - any thoughts or comments from the gallery out there. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Grant

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

Re: Grant

i can highly recommend the jjccr..

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

there are pro's and con's to every unit. Also, not every unit on the market will suit every person.

That said, I'll also add my vote for the JJ-CCR.

This (stolen from their website) describes the things I like about it:
    Why is the JJ-CCR Rebreather K.I.S.S simple?
    - Redundancy is very important, separate batteries for handset, HUD and solenoid, none of them inside the loop! If the handset goes down you must be able to fly it manually on the secondary (HUD) and that should be as unaffected as possible by the failing of the primary.
    - The electronics must be easy to understand, give some warnings but not give the "auto pilot" effect of some of the other units. The user MUST be made to feel he/she is the only one in control!
    - The rebreather itself must be strong, versatile, reliable and easy to use, maintain and service. There should be easily obtained parts that can be replaced in the field if needed (E.g. standard scuba hoses). There should be a choice of configuration and it support a wide range of cylinders (3, 5, 7, 10 or 12 liter) without the need of special parts to attach them.
    - It needs to be priced fairly, not stupid money but not cheap as chips either.
    - But most of all it should have sound scientific test data to back up the performance claims. A few guys diving it and saying "well I am still alive so it must be ok" is not good enough!

We have tried REALLY hard to do all of that!!
    (Dave Thompson - 2009)

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by grantlewthwaite  View Original Post
    Howzit from a cold but sunny Sydney. A diver of 25+ years I am looking into acquiring a rebreather. Following ther recent dive expo in Sydney I have narrowed this down to a Poseidon unit - any thoughts or comments from the gallery out there. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Grant
    Hi Grant, best to look around and ask questions !

just shipped 4 units to Oz last week, the guys are doing there courses in a few weeks

Paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member jneves is on a distinguished road jneves is on a distinguished road jneves's Avatar
    Se7en/Mk6 Discovery/O2ptima

DIY/Dolphin/Ray

Quote Originally Posted by grantlewthwaite  View Original Post

Grant
    Good choice!

JNeves