+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot drop the RBJ (video)

Damien Siviero betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154 is a jewel in the rough betti154's Avatar
    Meg

Pathfinder, Inspo, Kiss, MKVI

Cool video, dive looks like fun too.

RBW Member ChristianM is an unknown quantity at this point ChristianM's Avatar
    Dolphin SCR/CCR

Re: Hot drop the RBJ (video)

Hi Tienuts,

nice Video.
    Can you make a mini review of the Mangrove 4L6 lights? I'm very interested in those. Can they be used as normal dive light or is the beam angle to wide? How do they work on a night dive, are the not to bright for night dives?
    How do they perform in bad vis?
    Thanks for your help.

Cheers!
    Christian

RBW Member Itchey is an unknown quantity at this point Itchey's Avatar

Great Video!
    It is almost like I was there!
    Again Thanks!

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianM  View Original Post
    Hi Tienuts,

nice Video.
    Can you make a mini review of the Mangrove 4L6 lights? I'm very interested in those. Can they be used as normal dive light or is the beam angle to wide? How do they work on a night dive, are the not to bright for night dives?
    How do they perform in bad vis?
    Thanks for your help.

Cheers!
    Christian
    Hi Christian,

Sorry for the delay, I just saw this post. The Mangrove lights are great, especially for shooting video with an SLR or some other camera which offers a super-wide field of view. I've tried a number of video lights, and found they just don't offer the same are coverage.

True, they are on the large side, and a bit heavy compared to some other lights on the market, but they are worth it for the intensity, and burn time.

Lots of people are holding out for the Light & Motion Sola 4000's, but I'm not holding my breath for these. They were supposed to be available in April, and Light & Motion still doesn't have a release date for them.

Tony

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Re: Hot drop the RBJ (video)- re mangrove lights

Lots of detail here re video lights,

Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums -> Video Gear and Technique

There is a lot of talk re the sola 4000 lights , however you get 2 mangrove lights for the price of 1 sola, so it's a pretty easy decision to make.

Drew

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hats off to Tony, another great video & cool music too.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member ChristianM is an unknown quantity at this point ChristianM's Avatar
    Dolphin SCR/CCR

Hi Tony,

thanks for your answer.

Cheers!
    Christian

RBW Member alpine44 is on a distinguished road alpine44 is on a distinguished road alpine44's Avatar

What is the white tank (?) visible @ 07:00 on the bottom of Jeff's rEvo ?

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Nice video Tony and a nice viz on 80 meters there. You don't need lights.
    Good to see you're all having fun.

I took some photo's a few weeks ago down from the beach on 140 meters with nice viz. A bit blue, but I like that.

They wanted to drop this boat at 40 meters but in real Curacao fashion it rolled down a bit deeper.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Jantje; 13th October 2011 at 02:06.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by alpine44  View Original Post
    What is the white tank (?) visible @ 07:00 on the bottom of Jeff's rEvo ?
    A 4" diameter PVC tube for buoyancy and trim.

Thanks for the kind word everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2