+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hot drop the RBJ (video)

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Hot drop the RBJ (video)

Today Kim, Jeff, Adrian and myself boarded Avid Diver charters and headed out to the wreck of the RBJ. The wreck site is actually 2 wrecks in one - the Ronald B Johnson sits on top of the wreck of the Corey N Chris at a 90 degree angle in 265 feet of water off the Pompano Beach coast. It is an awesome dive site. There is a really cool swim through, where you can swim under the hull of the RBJ where it sits on top of the Corey N Chris.

It was overcast, and seas of 2-4 with waves from multiple directions. As Oliver said, it was like being in a washing machine, however the water looked blue as we geared up.

GPS showed 1.5-2 knots of current, so we elected for a hot drop. Captain Oliver, as usual gave us a spot-on drop and we landed right on it.

On the bottom, we found what to me looked like 100 foot of vis, and nice blue water. We did a 30 minute bottom time for a total runtime of 130 minutes. Adrian took photos, while I did the video. The video was shot with a Sony NEX5 camera in a nautical housing with a pair of Mangrove 4L6 lights. Enjoy -

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Re: Hot drop the RBJ (video)

Very nice, thanks. Hot drop! Did he even slow down?

Yesterdays dive up here was a balmy 48 F water temp. Little vis to 60 ft., below that it was 60 ft. or so. Green with envy over clear warm water.

Cheers,

Peter

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    Did he even slow down?
    lol. Yes, he'll throw it in neutral, which is your cue to get ready.

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

He he, i like the comment:

Dude setting up his rebreather says: "I wish I knew what I was doing…"
    Camera guy answers: "Yeah we wish you did to..."

/Christian

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    He he, i like the comment:

Dude setting up his rebreather says: "I wish I knew what I was doing…"
    Camera guy answers: "Yeah we wish you did to..."

/Christian

I think the reason Tony likes to be the one doing the video is that he gets to choose which embarrassing moments to include. And they never seem to include him.

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

Video Editor is a glorified term for liar... They can make you look any way they like no matter what you actually say or do... The magic of movies.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Nice Dive.. Thanks

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Am I the only person that noticed how the guys on this dive are pussies?

The only diver with enough balls to carry 3 tanks is a girl!!!
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Don, you think you're telling me something I don't know?

If I had to go toe-to-toe against Kim, I'd put money on her to win!

Kind of gives you an idea why Tony has been behaving lately!

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Am I the only person that noticed how the guys on this dive are pussies?

LOL

And a cool video, many thanks Tienuts.

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast