+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guide or no Guide for Cave Diving in Mexico???

RBW Member Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26's Avatar

Guide or no Guide for Cave Diving in Mexico???

Hey,
    Kim wrote up some points for both sides and some tips and tricks if you are on ur own...
    Guided or Unguided Cave Diving in Mexico??? - Mexico Cave Diving & Cave Training - ProTec Blog — Mexico Cave Diving & Cave Training – ProTec Blog
    cheers
    P

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Re: Guide or no Guide for Cave Diving in Mexico???

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto26  View Original Post
    Hey,
    Kim wrote up some points for both sides and some tips and tricks if you are on ur own...
    Guided or Unguided Cave Diving in Mexico??? - Mexico Cave Diving & Cave Training - ProTec Blog — Mexico Cave Diving & Cave Training – ProTec Blog
    cheers
    P

In my extensive experience in cave diving in other countries, I have found if you have limited number of days to see the best of the best, a guide is worth every penny. Even if it is just a farmer who knows where the cave is...

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

Unless you speak Spanish and know the area very well, hiring a cave guide actually saves you money. I know many experienced cave divers who thought they could find, and dive the many caves on the mainland on their own, only to discover they could spent an entire day looking for a particular Cenote (cave).

Go with the local professionals, as Curt said, it's worth every penny.

Don

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

WHAT and have them see how crap I am at cave diveing No way

Better to get totaly lost but still be able to claim your cool due to the lack of witneses

ATB

Mark

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post

Better to get totaly lost but still be able to claim your cool due to the lack of witneses

ATB

Mark
    LOL! Excellent, and add a few 1000' to the account of the dive :)

I still remember your RBW trip report of your cave class. Hilarious. Dont ever take the family with you on the promise of a 'vacation' and make sure one of your buddies isnt irritating.
    Last edited by ChrisBrown; 11th May 2011 at 17:18.

RBW Member Kris H. is an unknown quantity at this point Kris H.'s Avatar
    Megalodon the one and only..

Haha excellent....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post

ATB

Mark

RBW Member Doc is an unknown quantity at this point Doc's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

I'm coming next january to playa del Carmen and I will use a guide not to lose time and to see the best spots, even if it costs a little bit...

Cheers :)
    Doc

Life Long Learner IainD is on a distinguished road IainD is on a distinguished road IainD's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision,

Classic Kiss

We had an awesome time with and without a guide. If you have time, get into the swing with a guide and then, if you feel you are ready, cut loose.

We'll see you guys next year!