+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Draeger Dolphin SCR iPhone web app

RBW Member Berdie is an unknown quantity at this point Berdie's Avatar
    Dreager Atlantis

Re: Draeger Dolphin SCR iPhone web app

I would like to participate.

RBW Member mvergalito is an unknown quantity at this point mvergalito's Avatar
    rEVO

Scott, would love to check out your app.

RBW Member urq is an unknown quantity at this point urq's Avatar
    Carleton Cobra & Drager Dolphi

Inspiration

I know I am late in the game, But I would like to get a copy of this if its still floating around?.....Please

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

Is this still available? Would like to try

QUOTE=Scott.McClure;363034]Hi all,

I recently created a web app for iPhone/iPod touch which provides dive planning calculations for diving the Dolphin with different Nitrox mixes and flow rates. It's just a web app, and not available through the Apple App Store.

I'd be interested in having some other Draeger divers try it, and give me feedback on how it works. The formulas and data are taken from various sources, including the US Navy Dive Manual, Draeger Dolphin service manual, and various Draeger SCR course material from certification agencies. It's not for sale, and it doesn't come with any kind of guarantee, warranty, or anything else. I just built an app to allow me to quickly enter variables such as gas mix, flow rate, VO2, cylinder capacity, and come up with MOD, gas run time (planned and reserve), etc. I used to do this with a spreadsheet, but it's much faster to just run the numbers in a dedicated app on my iPhone.

If you would be interested in trying it, let me know. I'll send you the link to load it into MobileSafari on your iPhone or iPod Touch, and you can use the "Add to Home Screen" function to install on your device. Even though it's just a web app, if you use the "Add to Home Screen" function, it will keep it on your phone, and it will work even if you are out on a dive boat, with no cellular or WiFi connection.

Disclaimer: This is just for testing. It comes without any guaranty or warranty of any kind. It has not been tested or certified by any safety or government agency. Use at your own risk. For information purposes only. Always double check dive planning data via another source. Diving is dangerous. Don't dive a rebreather without proper training and certification. To be safe, always follow your rebreather manufacturer's instructions and safety guidelines. For ages 30 and up. Do not play on or around. Not to be taken internally. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. No smoking within 50 feet.

Now, if you still want to try it, let me know.[/QUOTE]

rEvo Instructor pkacp is an unknown quantity at this point pkacp's Avatar
    rEvo

MKVI, rEvo, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.McClure  View Original Post
    Hi all,

I recently created a web app for iPhone/iPod touch which provides dive planning calculations for diving the Dolphin with different Nitrox mixes and flow rates. It's just a web app, and not available through the Apple App Store.

I'd be interested in having some other Draeger divers try it, and give me feedback on how it works. The formulas and data are taken from various sources, including the US Navy Dive Manual, Draeger Dolphin service manual, and various Draeger SCR course material from certification agencies. It's not for sale, and it doesn't come with any kind of guarantee, warranty, or anything else. I just built an app to allow me to quickly enter variables such as gas mix, flow rate, VO2, cylinder capacity, and come up with MOD, gas run time (planned and reserve), etc. I used to do this with a spreadsheet, but it's much faster to just run the numbers in a dedicated app on my iPhone.

If you would be interested in trying it, let me know. I'll send you the link to load it into MobileSafari on your iPhone or iPod Touch, and you can use the "Add to Home Screen" function to install on your device. Even though it's just a web app, if you use the "Add to Home Screen" function, it will keep it on your phone, and it will work even if you are out on a dive boat, with no cellular or WiFi connection.

Disclaimer: This is just for testing. It comes without any guaranty or warranty of any kind. It has not been tested or certified by any safety or government agency. Use at your own risk. For information purposes only. Always double check dive planning data via another source. Diving is dangerous. Don't dive a rebreather without proper training and certification. To be safe, always follow your rebreather manufacturer's instructions and safety guidelines. For ages 30 and up. Do not play on or around. Not to be taken internally. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. No smoking within 50 feet.

Now, if you still want to try it, let me know.
    Hi there,

Is your website with planning still work? Can I take a look on it?

PK

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by pkacp  View Original Post
    Hi there,

Is your website with planning still work? Can I take a look on it?

PK
    He's last seen online 2012, perhaps his interests have gone elsewhere.

Sorry,
    Cameron

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

I don't think Scott is around here anymore. I haven't seen any posts from him in some time. FWIW....I used his app for a while when I was diving Dolphins. It worked pretty well. All you had to do is click in your values, and it spit out the calculations. What really made it nice is that you could "what if' at will. You could click in crazy numbers, and it would do the math. Anything outside of operating parameters would show up in red and yell at you.

Keep an eye out...perhaps he'll chime in, or maybe someone still has it. I had it saved on my computer, but then got a new one cause it bricked on me.

Hope this helps,

FD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2