+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draeger Dolphin SCR iPhone web app

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

Draeger Dolphin SCR iPhone web app

Hi all,

I recently created a web app for iPhone/iPod touch which provides dive planning calculations for diving the Dolphin with different Nitrox mixes and flow rates. It's just a web app, and not available through the Apple App Store.

I'd be interested in having some other Draeger divers try it, and give me feedback on how it works. The formulas and data are taken from various sources, including the US Navy Dive Manual, Draeger Dolphin service manual, and various Draeger SCR course material from certification agencies. It's not for sale, and it doesn't come with any kind of guarantee, warranty, or anything else. I just built an app to allow me to quickly enter variables such as gas mix, flow rate, VO2, cylinder capacity, and come up with MOD, gas run time (planned and reserve), etc. I used to do this with a spreadsheet, but it's much faster to just run the numbers in a dedicated app on my iPhone.

If you would be interested in trying it, let me know. I'll send you the link to load it into MobileSafari on your iPhone or iPod Touch, and you can use the "Add to Home Screen" function to install on your device. Even though it's just a web app, if you use the "Add to Home Screen" function, it will keep it on your phone, and it will work even if you are out on a dive boat, with no cellular or WiFi connection.

Disclaimer: This is just for testing. It comes without any guaranty or warranty of any kind. It has not been tested or certified by any safety or government agency. Use at your own risk. For information purposes only. Always double check dive planning data via another source. Diving is dangerous. Don't dive a rebreather without proper training and certification. To be safe, always follow your rebreather manufacturer's instructions and safety guidelines. For ages 30 and up. Do not play on or around. Not to be taken internally. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. No smoking within 50 feet.

Now, if you still want to try it, let me know.

RBW Member blacksun55 is an unknown quantity at this point blacksun55's Avatar
    Draeger Ray

Smile Re: Draeger Dolphin SCR iPhone web app

Hi !

I'm interested with your app since I have to go for diving the mediterranean this weekend !
    I have 2 models for bypass : 50% and 40%, and it would be useful for me to get the correct diving parameters as a help, on my mobile phone ( Apple Iphone )
    Perhaps I can be one of the "beta testers", and feed back with constructive remarks !

Regards,

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Re: Draeger Dolphin SCR iPhone web app

I've signed on as a tester, and so far in couch diving mode only, it's pretty neat. Scott has done a good job putting this together. I worked a couple of dives out on paper and compared it to the iphone app, and it's spot on. Being that it's automatically calculated based on your inputs the possibility of mathmathetical error is eliminated. I suggested a few tweaks and Scott made the changes right away.

Dolphin divers: This is a real nice tool to have. Give it a whirl and see for your self. I think you'll like it.

Scott...have some green my friend.

FD

RBW Member LEE. SUNGOH. is an unknown quantity at this point LEE. SUNGOH.'s Avatar
    Evolution

Inspiration Classic

I would like to participate.

Into Rubber Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W.'s Avatar
    Megalodon, HammerInspo

Dolphin

Me too please.

RBW Member Duxuk is an unknown quantity at this point Duxuk's Avatar
    draeger dolphin

Could you send me the link please....

RBW Member RebreatherSwiTcH is an unknown quantity at this point RebreatherSwiTcH's Avatar
    Austin, Tx, Brainerd Mn, Davao Philippines
    Drager Dolphin

Talking Re: Draeger Dolphin SCR iPhone web app

Wow sounds like a great site I would love to Check this out and install on the iPhone for couch diving right now. Will be in the Philippines soon and would test it and provide feedback for ya!!

Thanks for putting this together BTW!
    Last edited by RebreatherSwiTcH; 13th October 2011 at 21:02. Reason: Answered part of my own question

RBW Member rizla is an unknown quantity at this point rizla's Avatar
    dolfin

Quote Originally Posted by depuepedro  View Original Post
    i am on

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

All,

Please contact me by PM if you'd like to participate in testing the app.

Thanks,

Scott

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast