+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Vietnam

Wifey wants to go to Vietnam.

Anyone got any info on diving there?
    Any CCR friendly places?

Re: Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post

Any CCR friendly places?
    Vietnam?? Ask her what Vietnam has that the Lermontov lodge doesn't.... And then consider what the Lermontov lodge has that Vietnam hasn't..

This from an article that may help in your discussions with her on the matter...

Separate vacations are not a threat to your stable, happy marriage if you also make time for shared vacations.
    Taking separate vacations is okay and can be healthy for both of you if you are taking the separate vacations to add something to your lives and you are not wanting to escape from one another.

Some of the Reasons Married Couples May Want Separate Vacations

To experience something new that doesn't interest the other.
    To visit a locale that your mate doesn't want to visit.
    To have a reunion with old friends or family members.
    To continue an old tradition of meeting with family or friends every few years.
    To take a trip with one of your children for a specific reason.
    To have some time alone.
    To take advantage of vacation time your job requires you to take at a specific time or you lose the vacation time.

Separate vacations can rejuvenate both of you (well not you specifically Packie unless the vacation included a full body transplant..)

If your spouse is against separate vacations, find out why. Is there a lack of trust

Just saying is all..

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Any CCR friendly places?

If she thinks she's going to win the war single handed, I'd susggest you tell her as soon as possible it's over.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

LOL @ both of you.

Wifey has family there... and we still havent had a honeymoon.... well I have. Guess where it was ( not Vietnam).

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

LOL @ both of you.

Wifey has family there... and we still havent had a honeymoon.... well I have. Guess where it was ( not Vietnam).
    It will be an interested homeymoon with half a rugby team of kids in tow won't it?

I can see it now,

When me prayers were poorly said
    Who tucked me in me widdle bed
    And spanked me till me arse was wed

...Me Mudder

Who took me from me cozy cot
    And put me on the ice cold pot
    And made me pee if I could not

...Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come
    And in me crib me dribbled some
    Who wiped me tiny widdle bum

...Me Mudder

Who would me hair so neatly part
    And hug me gently to her heart
    Who sometimes squeezed me till me fart

...Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit
    And nearly have a king size fit
    When in me Sunday pants me s***

...Me Mudder

When ON HONEYMOON at night her bed did squeak
    Me raised me head to have a peak
    Who yelled at me to go to sleep

...PACKHORSE, Me Farver!

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

From what I remember back in 2002 you could only really dive out of Nha Trang or Hoi An, I didn't notice any CCR friendly places, but I was particularly looking back then.

Rich

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by RichClark  View Original Post
    From what I remember back in 2002 you could only really dive out of Nha Trang or Hoi An, I didn't notice any CCR friendly places, but I was particularly looking back then.

Rich
    There's definitely diving in Nha Trang.

I went to Vietnam a couple of months ago for the first time, but it was a non-diving holiday. We spent several days at an amazing large island resort there. A couple of times we visited the the mainland, and I definitely remember seeing several small dive shops and trip vendors selling dive trips.

I can't vouch for the quality of the diving there, as the pictures didn't look all that impressive, but if you want to go somewhere in Vietnam with beaches, and do some sort of diving, it's not a bad place to spend some time.

With regard to rebreather diving, I can't imagine there's too much support for that kind of diving going on.

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Any CCR friendly places?
    Vietnam is not so much the popular diving destination in SE Asia like Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia. My Vietnamese friend told me there are some diveshops but no rebreather friendly ones available so far.

Davy

RBW Member Offshore is an unknown quantity at this point Offshore's Avatar
    Megaladon-HH

We travelled the length of Vietnam as a family about two years ago, and I only bothered doing one day of diving out of Hoi An, with a nice family friendly operator whose trip was a full day out on the boat with time to come ashore and have lunch on a beach between dives. Most of the shop probably didn't even know what a rebreather is.

Vietnam is a destination I love for food, sightseeing, hanging out over coffee and rice wine, getting clothes made, shopping, and visiting churches and temples, even swimming and kayaking in Ha long bay. It is not yet a place I would bother taking any dive equipment.

Enjoy though!

Vietnam is not so much the popular diving destination in SE Asia like Indonesia.Nature has blessed Vietnam with a bountiful harvest of soaring mountains, a killer coastline and radiant rice fields, Vietnam is a cracker. Inland, peasant women in conical hats still tend to their fields, children ride buffalos along country paths and minority people scratch out a living from impossible gradients.

Miami Seaquarium Coupons Discount Tickets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast