+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Intīl help needed from Spain.

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

Re: Intīl help needed from Spain.

Your right sorry. Yeah in the United States each state will have different laws and regulations. In Utah if you are in a State Park (which most lakes and reservoirs are) then you are required to descend and surface within a specified distance to the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Ah.. I C.. Nice story..
    Since Andres had been asking in English and we are parzicipating in an english froum. why don't you post the information for the majority of the divers who might be interested in the different legislations...

It is quite good to know that in the US each individual state has it's own legislation and that in Utah you have to uns the "divers flag"..
    If I got that right at all with my inferior knowledge of the spanish language..

Just my dos pesos da Allemania..

RBW Member jknights is on a distinguished road jknights is on a distinguished road jknights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andrespp  View Original Post

The Spanish Diving law is linked here: ndice

Article 24 deals with recreational diving, the stand-by boat is required under article 16.

Once again thanks.
    Hi I live in the Valencia area and shore dive from beaches and coves from Denia to Calpe.
    I and others dive without any harassment from Policia Local or Guardia Nacional.

I think that the application of the law and your current problems may be helped by some enchuffe! I suggest that you go to the local Guardia office in your town and very politely ask for el Jefe. There will be one. Don't be fobbed off. Once you get to speak to him explain the situation calmly and clearly. I have found at in fact the Guardia are most helpful.

BTW. Article16 is in the professional diving regulations therefore does not apply to recreational diving unless of course you are taking divers down for payment.
    Last edited by jknights; 28th January 2012 at 23:25.

Banned beyonselee is an unknown quantity at this point beyonselee's Avatar

Very nice and helpful information has been given in this topic. I like the way you explain the things. Keep working. Thanks. . .

RBW Member techy1967 is an unknown quantity at this point techy1967's Avatar
    revo III

Smile Re: Intīl help needed from Spain.

we have no such laws in the uk,sounds like the dive centres are trying to manipulate what ever they can,in there favor of course.you should all start lobbying your goverment over it..

RBW Member huskybcr is an unknown quantity at this point huskybcr's Avatar
    inspiration

There is a provisional draft for new safety regulations in discussion with the responsible ministry since 2005, but due to lack of interest(time) from the Spanish Diving Federation and other diving groups (PADI,SSI, etc) nothing more has been done. If the pressure to divers increases with fines etc. there will be a renewed interest in the draft and I`m sure for the next diving season a change will come about. Spain, France, Italy and now Portugal have laws concerning diving (Spain since 1969). The rest of european countries don`t have laws about sport/tech diving (Except in some cases such UK, where diving at work HSE must be taken into account- Teaching scuba for money/comercial diving etc.). One must remember that sport diving started in the south of Europe, and thats where it has been written into laws and the big number of divers live. The Diving industry in north european countries is not very important(with the exception of Rebreather manufactures) as in workers/people living professionally from sport diving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast