+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Molnar Janos Cave - Budapest

RBW Member Plage is an unknown quantity at this point Plage's Avatar
    Inspiration

Evolution, Dolphin

Molnar Janos Cave - Budapest

Hi all,

Just arrived from Budapest, Hungary, where me and my wife did some excelent dives in the Molnar Janos Cave.

Fantastic cave, warm water, excelent viz, incredible rooms and mineral formations.

Mostly 2 hour dives made with our Inspiration and Evolution.

A big thank you to our fellow hungarian divers and guides, Roland and Atila, who provided us with the tanks, gases and sofnolime.

They were great and very helpfull. Thanks guys!

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Re: Molnar Janos Cave - Budapest

Well we need more details than that.
    Sounds awesome, any discoveries, photos, web site link?????

We are always looking for new cave locations

Quote Originally Posted by Plage  View Original Post
    Hi all,

Just arrived from Budapest, Hungary, where me and my wife did some excelent dives in the Molnar Janos Cave.

Fantastic cave, warm water, excelent viz, incredible rooms and mineral formations.

Mostly 2 hour dives made with our Inspiration and Evolution.

A big thank you to our fellow hungarian divers and guides, Roland and Atila, who provided us with the tanks, gases and sofnolime.

They were great and very helpfull. Thanks guys!

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Pedro,

Thanks for your kind words. Would be glad to have you and your wife back in the future.

Curt,

You know that you and your team are always welcome at Molnar Janos for some cool cave diving! Whenever you decide about it let me know.

Very Respectfully

Roland

RBW Member eramosakarst is an unknown quantity at this point eramosakarst's Avatar

I have a REALLY good map that shows a lot more...currently digging for it Will post if I find it
    Attached Files

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Curt, your guy is Roland here on RBW, Rolanddiver, he is the man for molnar janos, and trust me as a newbe cave diver, molnar janos is very COOOOOLLLLLLL, slaweck packo have made the best video i have seen about molnar janos and i think i have seen every video about this cave...

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Curt, your guy is Roland here on RBW, Rolanddiver, he is the man for molnar janos, and trust me as a newbe cave diver, molnar janos is very COOOOOLLLLLLL, slaweck packo have made the best video i have seen about molnar janos and i think i have seen every video about this cave...
    Thanks. I am hoping to travel lots more after October to many more foreign cave locations to film. This cave area looks very interesting and could help produce the documentary I am working on.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Thanks. I am hoping to travel lots more after October to many more foreign cave locations to film. This cave area looks very interesting and could help produce the documentary I am working on.
    when you are in budapest shout me a mail or pm, i would meet you by person, and why not at such a location,.......

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Thanks for the map, but it only shows the old part of the cave. The discovery of the new part already added another 8km of passageways to the system and nobody really knows how big it is.

Very Respectfully

Roland

ps:

Markku,

thanks for your kind words.

RBW Member eramosakarst is an unknown quantity at this point eramosakarst's Avatar

I am still trying to find the newer stuff in a 6 tb pile

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

I also got a picture but did not find it. It's probably in my backup drive.
    Here is a side view map (last picture):
    HS.fi - Kuvakooste

I dived Molnar Janos in 2004 for a week. After that we went to Isverna in Romania. That was also quite an exotic place.