+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yokohama Japan

RBW Member lyndhurst is on a distinguished road lyndhurst is on a distinguished road lyndhurst's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Yokohama Japan

Guys, I have to spend some time working (few days only) in Yokohama early September. I know nothing about diving in Japan, will have just completed a diving trip and will be able to have my CCR with me.

Any suggested options in the area around Yokohama ? I will have about two spare days

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: Yokohama Japan

Quote Originally Posted by lyndhurst  View Original Post
    Guys, I have to spend some time working (few days only) in Yokohama early September. I know nothing about diving in Japan, will have just completed a diving trip and will be able to have my CCR with me.

Any suggested options in the area around Yokohama ? I will have about two spare days
    I have been in Japan for 25 yrs. Shoot, where has the time gone - it was meant to be a 6 month trip! I shudder to think how many dives I have done here. The Japanese HATE anything off the beaten track, and that particularly goes for rebreathers. The best place to go off Honshu is Izu - the most Northerly coral reefs in the world. East Izu refuses rebreathers, so you need to go to West Izu or Ohshima. If you're up for it, give me a bell and I'd enjoy a rebreather buddy. If you end up finding other people you want to dive with that's fine too. I can hook you up with people who can provide mix and scrubber, and that is a major pain here. I'm a diver, not an operator, so I have no axe to grind: I just love diving - and, did I say, diving here is the world's best kept secret. Do yourself a favour and don't waste the weekend in a bar. Go diving: life's too short not to

My name aint Bob its Matt BigBoB is on a distinguished road BigBoB is on a distinguished road BigBoB's Avatar

Re: Yokohama Japan

I just moved to NAF Atsugi -Yamato area, just south of Tokyo and will have my rebreather on 4May and would love to get together for some off the beaten path dives.

+ Reply to Thread