+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New oxygen cells.

RBW Member Dougyfresh is on a distinguished road Dougyfresh is on a distinguished road Dougyfresh's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: New oxygen cells.

How long have they been in testing, real world in water.
    Thanks Douglas

also keep up the great work.

RBW Member pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk is a jewel in the rough pabusk's Avatar

I know this will come over like cursing but do these cells have the dreaded CE mark burnmarked on them ? That would suffice as at least part of proof of testing (even if it's little as I assume the CE testing might just be to validate that the shape is right).

Cheers,
    Paul

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

AFAIK These cells are CE marked, and are CE tested for diving with the stated Narked@90 products, anything other diving use is outside the tested parameters.

However the specs would suggest that these will function as a "drop in replacement" for the teledyne R22D's we have been using for years.

Having seen the testing and validation that Narked@90 put into anything with their name on, I will be ordering a set once the bank holiday weekend is over.

HTH
    Simon A

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

These cells are CE tested and certified, there has been a number of ANSTI tests done and the cells have actually been in real life rebreathers for months but it's not for me to tell you which other rebreathers are already using them that's is for those manufactures to tell you.
    it is only now that narked at 90 have been granted the use of them, so now we are telling you about them, but these cell have not just popped up from no where, and the people that have phoned me since Teledyne pulled out got a hint of something going on and they should not worry about supply of cells.
    we are all in the same position with cells, if we have no cell we don't go diving just like you guys.
    What has been worrying me is people getting desperate and using medical or industrial cells so they can get in the water....really don't do it!
    It does not matter if you don't by these cells from us but it does mater you use a cell that's built for the job at hand.

i cant publish the ANSTI date because it's not mine to publish but i will publish our data when it's finished being compiled, the testing is an on going thing and has been for some time not just with these cells but also with other makes.
    Those that have our cell checkers and our software was asked to email us your test results and many of you have, we would also ask you do the same with these new cells so we can also get a large data sample of the cells in the field over a long period, i believe we are the only manufacture bothering to collect this test data from the field and real world use and it will benefit us all as better cells can be produced.
    kind regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

RBW Member Jack7887 is an unknown quantity at this point Jack7887's Avatar
    Evo +

Hi

Are these working on the Evo + ? : Oxygen cell with Molex Connection

Regards

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

no a molex cell will not fit in an EVO+ a evo uses coax cells not molex
    and as we stated at the start of this thread we have not tested these cells in other peoples rebreathers
    john

Quote Originally Posted by Jack7887  View Original Post
    Hi

Are these working on the Evo + ? : Oxygen cell with Molex Connection

Regards
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

RBW Member EAC is on a distinguished road EAC is on a distinguished road EAC's Avatar
    optima

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by narked at 90  View Original Post
    These cells are CE tested and certified, there has been a number of ANSTI tests done and the cells have actually been in real life rebreathers for months but it's not for me to tell you which other rebreathers are already using them that's is for those manufactures to tell you.
    it is only now that narked at 90 have been granted the use of them, so now we are telling you about them, but these cell have not just popped up from no where, and the people that have phoned me since Teledyne pulled out got a hint of something going on and they should not worry about supply of cells.
    we are all in the same position with cells, if we have no cell we don't go diving just like you guys.
    What has been worrying me is people getting desperate and using medical or industrial cells so they can get in the water....really don't do it!
    It does not matter if you don't by these cells from us but it does mater you use a cell that's built for the job at hand.

i cant publish the ANSTI date because it's not mine to publish but i will publish our data when it's finished being compiled, the testing is an on going thing and has been for some time not just with these cells but also with other makes.
    Those that have our cell checkers and our software was asked to email us your test results and many of you have, we would also ask you do the same with these new cells so we can also get a large data sample of the cells in the field over a long period, i believe we are the only manufacture bothering to collect this test data from the field and real world use and it will benefit us all as better cells can be produced.
    kind regards john routley
    Great and thank you for doing so!

Nick Tessier music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco is just really nice music for deco's Avatar
    MCCR

Thank you so much much for all your hard work !

Green

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T  View Original Post
    Will there be a R17 replacement, or is it just R22's ?

Paul
    Yes, for me and my brother too, will there be R17?
    Best Ossi

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

It would be good if there was a rebreather oxygen cell standard (physical dimensions, reaction time, voltages etc,. defined). The oxygen cell would be manufactured and tested to that standard. The rebreathers would be certified to use standard oxygen cells. Then you could use any brand as long as it is a standard cell. Just like you can use any brand batteries in your rebreather without CE issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast