+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to rebreathers from Los Angeles

RBW Member eizan70 is an unknown quantity at this point eizan70's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery MK VI

Re: New to rebreathers from Los Angeles

One of the main things I am looking for by going with rebreathers is the ability to enhance my recreational dives. I do not plan on dive extending beyond 130ft, One of my family understandings that allows me to get in more diving with no at home friction. I am really looking at extending my bottom times and improving my off gassing with the constantly adjusting PO2. I do not intend it as tool for doing a lot of deco dives. I also am liking the portability (size and weight) of the Poseidon since we do travel twice a year to dive.

I do like the modifiable features of the others, mainly because I am a gadget guy, but realistically I am not sure if I need to go there.

If I sound like I am disregarding responses, I am finding it very helpful. I am just trying to state where my train of thought is going with this so that it is more understandable. I am new to this forum type communication and now realize my thought processes are clearer in my head than I am able to put in writing

Again thank you all for your responses I am finding it very helpful and informative.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

There is little difference in the cost of a rebreather that is recreational only vs a rebreather which can be used for rec and beyond. As such, a versatile unit will have a larger following with more experienced divers familiar with its workings and likely have better resale value... Even better, a dive buddy has spares available to assist you.

Also - Something to think about - Rec limits are not depth only - They are depth and NDL time. Deco at rec depth limits is tech diving no matter what you tell your family and requires Normoxic training for which the unit is not suited for. You may find it hard to secure a second rebreather dive buddy who also wants to limit themselves to rec time limits. Diving with doubles buddies is a poor compromise as doubles divers blow through gas at depth seriously impacting your bottom time.

So, two open questions you need to think about -
    1. Who's your dive buddy and what are they diving?
    2. What rebreather(s) does everyone else dive? Do you really want to be the only one in town diving a specific model rebreather?

Quote Originally Posted by eizan70  View Original Post
    ...improving my off gassing with the constantly adjusting PO2.
    Just a correction - Constant Partial Pressure O2/Constantly adjusting Fractional Pressure O2.

Quote Originally Posted by eizan70  View Original Post
    I am just trying to state where my train of thought is going with this so that it is more understandable. I am new to this forum type communication and now realize my thought processes are clearer in my head than I am able to put in writing.
    It actually sounds like you have already made your mind up and thats fine. Good luck!

Dwayne
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 22nd April 2011 at 22:46.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Just a correction - Constant Partial Pressure O2
    My own correction - Computer in Poseidon dynamically changes PPO2 - diver does not set ppo2.

RBW Member eizan70 is an unknown quantity at this point eizan70's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery MK VI

Thanks Dwayne,

While I thought I had my mind made up when I first posted, I am seriously reconsidering with all the feedback I have been getting. There seems to be a lot of good things I have been reading about the rEvo III in the forums.

I guess my initial thought had been influenced by the fact that all the rebreather divers I have been diving with have been using the inspiration and the Poseidon. My initial searches on this site were in regards to the poseidon, so I was mainly reading the postings of Poseidon divers. I didn't look to much in to the inspiration because of price and my friend who dives it told me he thought the poseidon was really nice at the price, I don't know how familiar he is with some of the other models like the rEvo, I will ask. Since posting this particular thread, I have started reading up on many of the other rebreathers and will probably go back to the white board and comparing.

Thanks again, I thought I had convinced myself via the features are being touted, ie portability, safety factors etc. But I think I need to really look at all the features offered by the different models and weigh my needs for present and possible future.

rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

There are a number of great rebreathers to choose from and it is a decision which should not be rushed... Take your time and speak to a bunch of divers and instructors.

Dwayne
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 23rd April 2011 at 05:08.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Gerald,

Nice to meet you here on RBW

Let me know if you want to look at my rEvo

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member cotton1of2 is on a distinguished road cotton1of2 is on a distinguished road cotton1of2's Avatar
    HammerHead Inspo

Hey Eizan, I live in San Diego and I dive an Inspiration Hammerhead. I'm really happy with my rig. I bought it used and have done a lot of work on it since I bought it. I definitely have intimate knowledge of my unit because of that. Don't look past getting something used. You may be able to get something that will suit your needs better, IE a Meg or an Evo... If you're ever in San Diego and want to have a look at my unit you're more than welcome. Also, Who is your instructor? I did my training with Jeff Bozanic and I highly recomend him. Take care and have fun, Ryan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2