+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: New CCR training agency for Pelagian DCCR

RBW Member Bottomtimer is an unknown quantity at this point Bottomtimer's Avatar
    PELAGIAN

Not owned.Courses: Meg - Inso

Re: New CCR training agency for Pelagian DCCR

Quote Originally Posted by peter  View Original Post
    What do you mean? I have dived the the Pelagian Rebreather and i think it is P.O.S. rebreather... The worst you can buy today.. But with some 3-party testing, Andy will probably get some ideas where to begin to make some mayor improvements of the rig..
    Worst???
    It seems you can give some suggestions
    Could you please?

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Peter is an eCCR user so probably couldn't get the hang of the Pelagian on a dive or two...takes around w20 hrs or so to really get to know the unit. After several hundred hours you get realise that all the little design features Andy put in each had a purpose and not just because "thats was what he could get or do at the time"...

Rod

Helium is addictive! Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson  View Original Post
    Peter is an eCCR user so probably couldn't get the hang of the Pelagian on a dive or two...takes around w20 hrs or so to really get to know the unit. After several hundred hours you get realise that all the little design features Andy put in each had a purpose and not just because "thats was what he could get or do at the time"...

Rod
    It doesn't take hundreds of hours to realize that the design is fu--ed up. It takes a experienced CCR-diver 5min in a pool to realize that the Pelagian's WOB is crap. To sort this out the machine should be re-designed from scratch.

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Why is it that most people who dislike the Pelagian is from the Gothenburg-area?

I like the Pelagian for what it is: An uncomplicated machine that gives you the ability to stay underwater for hours, that is easy to dive and to travel with.

Then, again it could be better!

I hate the X-plate, aspecially with largish cylinders! The reason for that is that I am not able to remove the scrubber-can without first removing the cylinders, at least with 7l cylinders.

I would personally love BMCLs, although not everybody agrees with me. The OTSCLs are not in the way during the dive, but when dressing and undressing, they can be a bit annoying.

About the placement of gas connections on the head, I would prefer to have them on top of the head, and not on the sides.

Over all, I feel the Pelagian is a sound design, and has a few tweaks that I would not like to live without.

RBW Member peter is an unknown quantity at this point peter's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomtimer  View Original Post
    Worst???
    It seems you can give some suggestions
    Could you please?
    To start with..
    Lower the WOB, bigger breathing hoses, bigger openings in t-pieces and BOV. different dimensions on the scrubber, shorter and wider.
    and for easier handling a loose scrubber cassette would be nice..

I didn't like the lungs, in my opinion worse then ordinary frontmounted lungs because of the placement.

No option to plug in offboard gas, but this is an easy fix..

/Peter

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

I did a 93m dive with a 2hr 30mins runtime today retrieving illegal long lines from the marine park here...working moderately hard I never had anything but easy wob in all positions.....so not sure how people are having problems in the pool after 5 mins! Maybe there was something wrong with the unit,,,has anyone else experienced these WOB problems? As Jvold says there are a couple of points that could be improved etc but the unit is basically is simple, easy to travel with, does the job it was designed to do and very very very configurable to different sized tanks and various mounting options...such as piggy back on a twinset (used then as dil...) this is very good for deep diving bail out...the BOV is the lightest I have used so far and a nice easy breath at depth although only have used it down to 140m...

Rod

Helium is addictive! Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson  View Original Post
    I did a 93m dive with a 2hr 30mins runtime today retrieving illegal long lines from the marine park here...working moderately hard I never had anything but easy wob in all positions.....so not sure how people are having problems in the pool after 5 mins! Maybe there was something wrong with the unit,,,has anyone else experienced these WOB problems? As Jvold says there are a couple of points that could be improved etc but the unit is basically is simple, easy to travel with, does the job it was designed to do and very very very configurable to different sized tanks and various mounting options...such as piggy back on a twinset (used then as dil...) this is very good for deep diving bail out...the BOV is the lightest I have used so far and a nice easy breath at depth although only have used it down to 140m...

Rod
    Bring a Inspiration, a Poseidon Mk6 and a Pelagian to a pool-test and dive the units. Now you will notice what I am talking about, the Pelagians WOB is clearly higher than it's competitors.

Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10