+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Pit exploration cd.

King of the Geeks
    heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude has a reputation beyond repute heyydude's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD!

Re: The Pit exploration cd.

"The King of the Dual Hammerhead!"

We should make you a t-shirt for your next expedition!

Congratulations on an amazing feat.

Please let us know if there is anything you need to keep your rig going.

All the best,

Kevin Juergensen
    Juergensen Marine, Inc.

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Congrats on the very interesting and clean-looking setup.
    I have a (dumb) question about the double HH setup.
    Is the purpose of the double RBs to eliminate staging enormous amounts of OC bailout that would normally be required for such an epic dive, or is it just that the scrubber duration is insufficient for the dive and so 2 rebreathers are needed?

Also, good luck on the connection. Makes me want to get back to Ox Bel Ha another time before it gets demoted to 2nd longest system.

RBW Member Dive Africa is an unknown quantity at this point Dive Africa's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by snicks  View Original Post
    Congratulations on that dive!

The unit you use is the first dual reb that I see, which looks actually usable. I never understood why people tend to mount 4+ tanks to their back-mounted unit when mounting the gases as stages seems to make much more sense.

Will you publish details on your confirguration regarding loop configuration, gas management, emergency procedures, hose routing, gas connecting strategies for different tanks to both loops, etc., etc.?

Id be really interested in that info since hauling all the OC bailout tanks is starting to get on my nerves.

Again, congrats!
    snicks
    I second this, this detailed technical info and protocall will be highly appreciated.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Krzysztof,

Thank You again for Your update of the PIT.
    Best of luck to You and Team..

RBW Member starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas's Avatar

Snick,

Configuration descriptions you will be able to review soon on my web site. Iím kind of short on time to explore and create my site simultaneously, so Iím doing updates in my spare time.
    With time, I will post construction details. Currently Iím making presentations of my Dual Rebreather philosophy and technical specs on scuba conferences (last one on techmeeting in Brno, Chech Republic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Kevin!

Iím sure your support would be helpful. I will write you my construction thoughts and needs in PM.

------------------------------------------
    Main idea of Dual Rebreather construction is to completely eliminate OC. Second CCR is one and only bailout.

For now, please visit tread: http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=38047
    where you can find summary from another phase of my exploration.

Too ugly to get laid bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman's Avatar
    Hammerhead Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    Makes me want to get back to Ox Bel Ha another time before it gets demoted to 2nd longest system.
    You're a bit late for that: Long Underwater Caves

Edit: Hm, seems like Jim is a bit late in updating his page, or Mr. Bil/Bogaerts have not sent Jim their data yet...
    If we sum up the lengths of those two systems that are reported by QRSS, it's still shorter than todays Sac Actun, so i guess the guys have more updated data then.
    Last edited by bherman; 17th April 2011 at 05:55.

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Quote Originally Posted by bherman  View Original Post

Edit: Hm, seems like Jim is a bit late in updating his page, or Mr. Bil/Bogaerts have not sent Jim their data yet...
    If we sum up the lengths of those two systems that are reported by QRSS, it's still shorter than todays Sac Actun, so i guess the guys have more updated data then.
    When Steve Bogaerts announced the Ox Bel Ha - Naranjal connection, he said that the initial survey data does in fact put Ox Bel Ha back as the longest underwater system. That's what I had based my original statement on. But I guess we'll find out for sure once all the data is officially reconciled.

RBW Member AzTek Diver is an unknown quantity at this point AzTek Diver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bherman  View Original Post

The QRSS updates only happen once a month around the 25th. when it's posted this month Ox Bel Ha will be at 710,000' in length and will be #1 again for a little while at least.

Too ugly to get laid bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman's Avatar
    Hammerhead Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    When Steve Bogaerts announced the Ox Bel Ha - Naranjal connection, he said that the initial survey data does in fact put Ox Bel Ha back as the longest underwater system.
    As did Bil Philips, it was just me having a brain fart...

Peter Csipke csipke is an unknown quantity at this point csipke's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Amazing!
    Congratulations!