+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Pit exploration cd.

RBW Member starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas's Avatar

The Pit exploration cd.

We just finished our third expedition to explore "The Pit" in the Dos Ojos
    cave system located in the Riviera Maya of Mexico.
    During my last, almost 12 hours long dive with 1.5 hours of bottom time at 100 meters / 330 feet I was able to lay additional 180 meter / 540 feet of survey line in a new passage I named "Stairway to Heaven".
    Preparations for this dive took almost a week. Prior diving it was necessary to repair the habitat / caisson, run a telephone line from the habitat to the surface. We tested and checked all guidelines in easily accessed part of the cave, placing diluent /oxygen stages and diluent/oxygen tanks as well as the backup DPV in the end of the "Next
    Generation Tunnel".
    The newly discovered passage complicated the dive profile tremendously to an already difficult dive profile and required very carefully preparation of my deco schedule.
    As on prior exploration projects our team was built from the same divers who where my support cave divers:

Irena Stangierska - Poland: Support and photography.
    Marek Klyta - Poland: Support and transportation.

All exploratory cave dives were done by me on my Dual Rebreather build based on twin Hammerhead CCR Rebreathers with parts and modifications made with cooperation with IQ-Sab and EQUES.

For the third time our exploration project was completed with close cooperation from
    Always dependable ProTec Playa, located in Playa del carmen, Mexico. They helped mixing our gases, supplying tanks, absorbent and mechanical service.

Invaluable advice from Matt and Patrick with geology and cartography as well
    as organization of medical support cannot be underestimated.

During this trip we were able to have cooperation from KOMH (Polish
    hyperbaric medical center) which will help me to prepare decompression
    schedule for our next exploratory cave dive which can easily extend to 16 or even 20
    hours including decompression.

The final dive was completed without any technical problems and no
    symptoms of decompression sickness were observed.
    A photo gallery and more detailed relation from this dive will be
    availabsoon on our (currently under construction) web page: www.dualrebreather.com
    This site will be dedicated to share information's about our
    projects as well as hardware and technics of diving with dual Rebreathers.

A main reason for my “The Pit” project is of course search to discover passage to Blue Abyss and connection Sac Aktun and Dos Ojos Sistema. This will create longest underwater cave system in the world.
    I think that two more dives from The Pit I will be around Blue Abyss.
    Last part of “The Pit” project will be finding passage behind colapsed rocks which will lead me in good direction.
    New updates soon

Krzysztof Starnawski
    Attached Images

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

Re: The Pit exploration cd.

wow!
    great!

regards a.

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

awesome!!! i see your scooter is showing signs of battle scars!
    be safe
    mel

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    Inspo classic w/ HH lid

Dolphin as is :); O2 CCR Ray

amazing and stunning!!
    WOW!
    Congratulations!

RBW Member quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean has a spectacular aura about quickean's Avatar
    Meg

That's hardcore.
    Congrats on the exploration!

RBW Member snicks will become famous soon enough snicks will become famous soon enough snicks will become famous soon enough snicks's Avatar

Congratulations on that dive!

The unit you use is the first dual reb that I see, which looks actually usable. I never understood why people tend to mount 4+ tanks to their back-mounted unit when mounting the gases as stages seems to make much more sense.

Will you publish details on your confirguration regarding loop configuration, gas management, emergency procedures, hose routing, gas connecting strategies for different tanks to both loops, etc., etc.?

Id be really interested in that info since hauling all the OC bailout tanks is starting to get on my nerves.

Again, congrats!
    snicks

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Congratulation to all the team.

You are pushing the divers limit too long.

Best

Mikel

RBW Member grogi64 is an unknown quantity at this point grogi64's Avatar
    JJ

WOW!
    And my congratulations to you & all of the team !!

kind regards
    Grogi

Stunning, Great incredible !

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starnas  View Original Post
    A main reason for my “The Pit” project is of course search to discover passage to Blue Abyss and connection Sac Aktun and Dos Ojos Sistema. This will create longest underwater cave system in the world.
    I think that two more dives from The Pit I will be around Blue Abyss.
    Last part of “The Pit” project will be finding passage behind colapsed rocks which will lead me in good direction.
    New updates soon
    Krzysztof Starnawski
    Krzysiek czy lub dlaczego nie zostawiłeś znaczników do wody w potencjalnie możliwych korytarzach, tak lokalizowano połączenia jaskiń ?
    Fajnie że realizujesz swoje pomysły (Nie ma ryzyka nie ma przyjemności).

pozdrawiam rc

Krzysiek whether or why not leave water marks on the potential of possible corridors, so call the caves were located?
    It's fun that we realize their ideas (no risk, no fun).

greet rc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast