+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lesson learned - it paid off

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Lesson learned - it paid off

It would appear that the only way I can post anything on these forums nowadays without ruffeling somebodys feathers is when I tell about the stupid crap that I do.

Here it is. The other day on a dive (solo or with a buddy, ocean or cave, boat or beach, florida or mexico) as I was gearing up, a simple little f**kup was caught by my newest mandatory check. "Confirm BO MOD" is the 1st thing on my check list and is on the little piece of tape on my handset. I had the right mixes, but I had them rigged for the wrong side. I would have had my 50% on my necklace for my deep BO and the 21/35 on the other side. Obviously this very well could have killed me if I bailed out at depth.

I now make an available buddy confirm my MOD also and I confirm his/hers. I caught this as I was ready to clip the tanks on. I always check the MOD one last time as they go on to make sure.

See there, even my dumb arse can learn from my own mistakes. It was a non-event. Just had to swap regs before clipping them on.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member keylargojimy has a little shameless behaviour in the past keylargojimy's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

HH INSPIRATION

Re: Lesson learned - it paid off

thanks your first hand honest insight here.
    i just added it to my own handset and pre-dive check list..

jdj

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Thanks for sharing. It's always good to do buddy check, otherwise you'll have to
    constantly check yourself until you jump in the water.

We must not let complacency catch us!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    It would appear that the only way I can post anything on these forums nowadays without ruffeling somebodys feathers is when I tell about the stupid crap that I do.

Here it is. The other day on a dive (solo or with a buddy, ocean or cave, boat or beach, florida or mexico) as I was gearing up, a simple little f**kup was caught by my newest mandatory check. "Confirm BO MOD" is the 1st thing on my check list and is on the little piece of tape on my handset. I had the right mixes, but I had them rigged for the wrong side. I would have had my 50% on my necklace for my deep BO and the 21/35 on the other side. Obviously this very well could have killed me if I bailed out at depth.

I now make an available buddy confirm my MOD also and I confirm his/hers. I caught this as I was ready to clip the tanks on. I always check the MOD one last time as they go on to make sure.

See there, even my dumb arse can learn from my own mistakes. It was a non-event. Just had to swap regs before clipping them on.

Cave Country Dive Shop Jim Wyatt is an unknown quantity at this point Jim Wyatt's Avatar
    rEvo

No doubt the devil is in the details. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Thanks for sharing!

Dwayne

RBW Member vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

I mark the second stage just to be safe

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Damn Don, I didn't know you had that item on your pre-dive checklist...Next time I'm switching the tape as well!

RBW Member EAC is on a distinguished road EAC is on a distinguished road EAC's Avatar
    optima

Inspiration

i use darker color tanks are deeper mod ie dark black/blue to brushed or white- keeps down confusion

+ Reply to Thread