+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cayman and or Cozumel recommendations?

Stevie Tippetts Stevie Tippetts is an unknown quantity at this point Stevie Tippetts's Avatar
    Defender

Sentinel, Evo+, rEvo, PF

Re: Cayman and or Cozumel recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by nickbr  View Original Post
    Also big up's to DiveTech (you want to talk to Steve Tippetts there) and Stingray watersports (talk to Duncan Heard).

Shore diving from Sunset house on rebreather is usually fine as long as you take a cert card (and leave a tip!) though they do not supply any fills or scrubber there, you'll need to sort that from one of the 3 organisations listed above. I live 200 yards down the road from sunset and frequently dive CCR off there. Having said that, it isn't my favorite shore dive, though it's ok for shallow photography stuff.

For me the best shore dives are:
    Conch Point on north west point (great mini wall)
    Divetech at Lighthouse point (easiest shore access to the main wall)
    Divetech at Cobalt Coast (bit of both).

Finally if you fancy it you're welcome to drop me a PM and we can arrange to meet up with some of the other local rebreather divers for a beer to fill you in on the local knowledge.

Hope that helps, have a great trip.

Cheers
    Nick
    Drop me a line if I can help. I also like beer, so if you are socializing with Nick, maybe I could tag along.....

Steve

RBW Member nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr's Avatar
    meg apecs 2.7 w/sw

only if you promise to wear your sidemount booze dispensers.

rEvo combat swimmer fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman's Avatar
    rEvo

Orca

Big thumbs up for Cobalt Coast/ Dive tech. The hotel has "old world" hospitality, and the dive shop is friendly and the two make for a very "easy" and pleasant experience. If you are looking for a slightly less expensive alternative, Cobalt Coast has "apartments" with kitchens right across the street from the hotel--and the "street" is an almost untraveled dirt road. Make a trip to the grocery store at the beginning of the week and you are in business.

On Cozumel Aldora divers and Villa Aldora. Wonderful experience, and if you talk with them in advance good rebreather support. They will give you a private boat if you have 4 divers, even if you don'[t they have steel 120's, so with nitrox the second dives stretch to 75 min. Fast boats, great staff. One of the nicest boutique hotels I have stayed at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2