+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raja Ampat

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Raja Ampat

Quote Originally Posted by bcdiverdennis  View Original Post
    Does any one have any recent experiences diving Raja Ampat, Indonesia.

I think of doing a liveaborad there late 2012 and was looking for recommendations or for that matter things to avoid. I'd like a rebreather friendly liveabord.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks
    Try sending a PM to Saveourseas. Matt has been there a few times.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Try sending a PM to Saveourseas. Matt has been there a few times.

Best regards,
    Both MSY Seahorse MSY Seahorse Liveaboard Dive Charters Indonesia | PT. Indo Cruises | Luxury sailing charters Indonesia, liveaboard scuba diving, diving Indonesa and Pindito Pindito liveaboard - Indonesian liveaboard diving pioneers were able to get oxygen bottles on-board for me with enough heads up. Wakatobi promised and said they had gotten O2, and despite 6 email reminders over 8 months, failed to deliver once I was on-board. In the end they did manage to deliver 3 19's of O2 from the resort (for 7 days of diving).

I brought my own sorb and Haskel pump because I was going to be there for 2 months. Edi, the owner of Pindito ended up buying the pump from me for Pindito so they may still have it.

Talk to Txus or Cici at Seahorse or Edi from Pindito and see if they can help. You may also pick up your sorb in Denpasar and save yourself some fees. Just make sure you hire a local "expediter" for the Denpasar airport as they know all the in's and outs and can save you lots of money and hassle if you are bringing in big gear.

Enjoy. It's an amazing part of the world and a total PITA to get around in. Triton Bay is especially amazing.
    Last edited by saveourseas; 17th November 2011 at 12:12.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
    A is A

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Another option in side of the world Wakatobi Dive Resort - Wakatobi.com

They are very rebreather friendly with enough tanks, sorb and gas, including helium if requested in advance for even groups as large as 20.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

RBW Member carlosfredericobastos is an unknown quantity at this point carlosfredericobastos's Avatar
    REVO III mini Hybrid

Re: Raja Ampat - alternative in the pacific region

HI Sireenfleet,

I am planing to go to raja ampat with my son next january or february. we are both revo III hybrid divers. my question:

can you guarantee that we would have the following rebreather friendly services and/or amenities aboard sireen fleet liveaboards in raja ampat :

. onboard O2/dil tanks for rental
    .O2 fills (maybe trimix:)
    .sofnolime
    .VERY IMPORTANT : extended bottom times

i have been sending emails to different liveaboard operators that advertise themselves as rebreather friendly, but extended bottom times is in most cases an issue.

any sugestions other than raja ampat (pacific region) that would meet the criteria above?

cheers,

fred

RBW Member thezipp is an unknown quantity at this point thezipp's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Evolution, rEvo III Ti st.

You may want to give this boat a try. I talked to them about rebreathers at the BTS show. Dewi Nusantara
    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2