+ Reply to Thread

Thread: changing Drager 1st stage to standard DIN

RBW Member jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1's Avatar

changing Drager 1st stage to standard DIN

I was looking at changing the drager 1st stage to a std din fitting. http://www.tecme.de/frame_eq2.htm

I have a 10L with H valve. I thought changing the 1st stage in this way would be a good idea, so I could lose the adaptor I have to use at the moment. Is this a popular conversion?

Of course going on holiday still presents it's challenges, I dont think many dive operators will have a H valve 10L for hire, so I am still stuck for bailout/jacket inflation. What do most people do when they travel with their drager, and cannot take cylinders?

John R

Kevin Hagerich Helium_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Helium_diver's Avatar
    KISS Classic

ccr dolphin

Re: changing Drager 1st stage to standard DIN

John,
    converted my wife's Draeger over to din. Makes life much easier when traveling don't have to worry about the shops having an adapter to fill her tanks. Always make sure tho that your using the right mix and don't get those tanks mixed up. Have fun and be safe :D

Helium_diver
    "If I look unconscious I probably am " Bill Hartman

RBW Member jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1's Avatar

Re: changing Drager 1st stage to standard DIN

Quote Originally Posted by Helium_diver
    John,
    converted my wife's Draeger over to din. Makes life much easier when traveling don't have to worry about the shops having an adapter to fill her tanks. Always make sure tho that your using the right mix and don't get those tanks mixed up. Have fun and be safe :D

Helium_diver
    Thanks.

I Just ordered the convertor from tecme, I think it is the right way to go. Did you do it yourself using this kit? (I have the old style 1st stage) and was it reasonably easy to do? The instructions look OK, but you never know!

John R

+ Reply to Thread