+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wire/cable source needed

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Wire/cable source needed

Gentleman,

I have been looking for a 4 or more core cable similar to the one on the picture. This has only 2 cores in it which is not enough for me. This one came with my heated vest, I just cut the plugs off the ends. It has a very shiny surface (I believe it is silicone rubber) similar to the material of the dive mask skirt and extremely felxible, it even feels that there is no wire inside. If I remember correctly I have seen something similar to this on the Sentinel and JJ-CCR. Does anybody have any idea as to who manufactures/sells these cables and whether the outher shell is silicon rubber or something else. For sure a search in google for "silicone cable/wire" brings nothing similar to this up.Thanks for your time and help, it is all greatly appreciated!

Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi
    Last edited by rolanddiver; 23rd March 2011 at 10:12.

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Re: Wire/cable source needed

My memory is not the same anymore. I forgot to attach the picture. sorry for the quality photo was taken with a cell phone. So here it is:
    Attached Images

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Hi Roland

I thinks that the Solus light uses the same cable.

good luck

Mikel

Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    rEvo3 rMS

rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

Hello Roland,

Narked@90 has this type of cable:
    Water stop cable

Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane  View Original Post
    Hello Roland,

Narked@90 has this type of cable:
    Water stop cable
    Stephane,

Thanks I know, but it is 9 cores and I don't need that many. I hoped to find a 4 core cheaper. If I can't find anything else, I will go with Narkedat90.

VR

Roland

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

hi roland, the cable on the JJ is the same cable we have, just so you dont wast time contacting jan,
    regards john routley
    p.s all of the water blocked cables are very expencive.

Quote Originally Posted by rolanddiver  View Original Post
    Stephane,

Thanks I know, but it is 9 cores and I don't need that many. I hoped to find a 4 core cheaper. If I can't find anything else, I will go with Narkedat90.

VR

Roland
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

John,

Thanks for the heads up. The one I'm looking for is no water stop simply because there is no need for it. It would be for a HUD, and if I get to flood the whole thing due to cable damage, it is cheaper to replace the entire electronics than to purchase 1m of water stop cable. For the primary or secondary I would definitely use your water stop cable.

VR

Roland

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

What is it for?
    How much current?
    What size OD/ cable gland ?

+ Reply to Thread